Shutdown, reboots instead.

melloa

Wizard
Server Specs

OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-U5
(Build Date: Jun 24, 2019 18:41)
Processor:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8 cores)
Memory:
32 GiB

I've noticed that from time to time, my back-up server wouldn't shutdown.

That server is manually powered on on the week-ends to back-up the data from the main NAS.

In the past I used to power on via IPMI, ssh to it, run my script, and command a shutdown. The ssh session would close and I'd go by my other tasks. Later passing in front of the servers, I'd notice the back-up server was still on, requiring another shutdown.

I've changed my process to run the shutdown from the GUI and again, today, the server was on, when it should be off.

When looking at the console via ipmi, I noticed that one of the NICs have disappeared (the 10Gb Chelsio) and the two (1Gb on-board) ones, were listed at the console (funny they are all getting IP from the DHCP, when the UI wouldn't allow, so I think that was configured at installation).

I've tried to replicate that twice with no luck.

Have anyone experienced the same? I only saw posts back from 9.3 with similar issue.

proto

Patron

melloa

Wizard
You are not alone : (

Next time it happens, I'll open a ticket with the debug info. Now I have restarted multiple times and not sure the info will be there.

proto

Patron
Next time it happens, I'll open a ticket with the debug info

I tried a simulation with a test VMware VM, but sadly it always performed a "perfect" shutdown.

melloa

Wizard
I tried a simulation with a test VMware VM, but sadly it always performed a "perfect" shutdown.

I'll keep my eye on my back-up server, as it is not a VM. Thanks for trying.