Should I update?

balanga

Patron
I've applied the update and it went smoothly enough, except I am unable to access one of my jails, which may have been accessed at the time of the upgrade.

I can't ssh into it either through the GUI or the command line. I have stopped and started it several times.

balanga

Patron
I've applied the update and it went smoothly enough, except I am unable to access one of my jails, which may have been accessed at the time of the upgrade.

I can't ssh into it either through the GUI or the command line. I have stopped and started it several times.
Oops - upgrading was a BIG MISTAKE - I can no longer access any of my SMB shares.

smb_smb_negotiate: Don't know how to talk with server xxx (65535)

How do I backout? I'm totally screwed.

danb35

Hall of Famer

Scharbag

Guru
Yes, as there are some critical vulnerabilities that have been patched. Read the release notes for 11.1-U2 through 11.1-U6 before updating so that you are aware of any known impacts: https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/knowledgebase_category/freenas-release-notes/.
I would take this with a small grain of salt. Vulnerabilities are less of an issue if your server is for home use and is not accessible from an external network. It is still wise to patch, but I have found that 11.2 breaks too many things I count on. So, I will remain at 11.1-Ux until 11.2 is mature enough to support all the things I need it to.

Cheers,

iseebirdsfly

Cadet