Shared Folder and Plex issues

AltecBX

Patron
Hi Guys... So I've been having issues with my server lately.
First off my Plex stopped working. The last thing I tried doing before working was updating the Jail. Now I can't even see the Plex plugin under the Plugins Installed Tab.
I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 5.55.26 AM.png

Second of all, I have 3 shared folder in which only 1 of 3 can be access remotely on Windows and Mac. They all seem to have the same credentials under the Sharing Tab.
I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 5.52.52 AM.png

AltecBX

Patron
Anyone?

AltecBX

Patron
This is what I have in the settings.
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.39.52 AM.png

AltecBX

Patron
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 8.28.19 AM.png

AltecBX

Patron
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 10.29.00 AM.png

AltecBX

Patron
Bump..

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Looks like the directory had default ACLs for an SMB share applied and then somehow chmod 757 was run on it. Run the command setfacl -x 0 /mnt/Media-Storage/Media to remove the top entry, press the up arrow on the keyboard and press enter to repeat the command. Do this until getfacl returns an empty list.

Then setfacl -m u:972:modify_set:fd:allow,u:Jerry:full_set:fd:allow,owner@:full_set:fd:allow,group@:full_set:fd:allow,everyone@::fd:allow /mnt/Media-Storage/Media[
This will grant user 972 (which should be the UID of "plex" in the jail -- you may need to verify by running "id plex" in the jail), ability to read, write, and modify. It will grant Jerry, the file owner, and owner-group "full control". It will grant no permissions to anyone else.

Once you have run the above command use "getfacl" to verify that it was applied.

Once you have verified that /mnt/Media-Storage/Media has the correct ACL, then push it recursively down the directory tree. winacl -a clone -rv -p /mnt/Media-Storage/Media. Note that this command will set the permissions you specified above on _everything_ in the media directory. I'm assuming that your actual plex jail is not located inside that path (i.e. /mnt/Media-Storage/Media/iocage).

AltecBX

Patron
WOW!!!!
@anodos you're a freaking Genius! I would have never known this no matter how much research I did. I've spent days on Google and Ixsystems trying to find the solution to this problem. I even blew my new plex plugin thinking there was a bigger problem that couldn't be solved because of a tread I also started on the other section. Luckily I left my old Plex Plugin (1.14.1.5488) which had issues accessing movies. Looks like it was a permission issue all along as well. I even tried going into each dataset to set permission issues manually on all of them. Why would these script work over the GUI? What caused all this?

By the way, I've tried manually updating the Plex server through the shell, but it still shows version 1.14.1.5488. These were the steps I used to use over a year ago.
- fetch -o PMS_Updater.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh
- chmod 755 PMS_Updater.sh
- ./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a