Settings.json in transmission not saving

Chrisrehn

Dabbler
like the topic says..

when i configure "Settings.json" in transmission when i restart the jail it reset back to default..
tryed to google it and alot of people is getting the same issue but can't find an answer
even if you stop the jail and try to configure it. The jail starts up right away.
Anyone who have any tricks?

"I am using IOCAGE"

best regards!
chris

INCSlayer

Contributor
you need to shutdown Transmission in the jail before changing the settings in settings.json or the running settings will overwrite.

Chrisrehn

Dabbler
yeah i did the "iocage stop transmission" but when i try to modify the settings.json it autostart before i have configure the settings.json (I'm a noob)

Chrisrehn

Dabbler
so i just fixed this by edit rc.conf file and put in (transmission_download_dir="/what/download/folder/you/want") (thumbs up)

Celena

Dabbler
if you edit the file "Settings.json" restarting the jail doesn't work because when transmission stop it write this actual settings inside.
the best way to edit is to reload the setting; to do it :
- edit the file "Settings.json"
- run : iocage exec transmission service transmission reload
after that the file is reloaded properly and saved in transmission daemon without stop it

Chrisrehn

Dabbler
if you edit the file "Settings.json" restarting the jail doesn't work because when transmission stop it write this actual settings inside.
the best way to edit is to reload the setting; to do it :
- edit the file "Settings.json"
- run : iocage exec transmission service transmission reload
after that the file is reloaded properly and saved in transmission daemon without stop it

Thnx! This made it much easier

appliance

Explorer
omg this one is resistant.. needs /etc/rc.conf change.. modified settings.json file 100 times and also needed to change download dir during the downloads, all gone. wonder why almost any tiny modification requires going through hell.