Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

Not all routers are capable of acting as a DNS resolver. Easiest at this stage to test using the local hosts file. Google is your friend here e.g. Hosts File in Windows 10 : Locate, Edit and Manage (assuming you're on a Win 10 PC). Once you test and are able to confirm that it indeed solves the issue, lock for the equivalent functionality on your router or other local DNS resolver you might be using (pfSense, DNSMasq, etc).

liberty87

Dabbler
1585171600222.png

I did this but it doesn't work the same .... if I put ip jail on the browser I don't access nextcloud.
the problem I would like to solve is to remove the upload and download limits.

Has anyone already successfully tested Nextcloud Talk with this setup? It seems that you need a STURN-server for external communication.

liberty87

Dabbler
Has anyone already successfully tested Nextcloud Talk with this setup? It seems that you need a STURN-server for external communication.
are you referring to me?
If from my pc, in the same network as the freenas with nextcloud, I connect to my domain, uploading arriving at 30-40 mb / s.
if I try from a pc outside my network I don't go beyond 2.5 mb / s

are you referring to me?
If from my pc, in the same network as the freenas with nextcloud, I connect to my domain, uploading arriving at 30-40 mb / s.
if I try from a pc outside my network I don't go beyond 2.5 mb / s
No, I was not.

m0bius

Cadet
Used the script to installed nextcloud. Was a bit choppy in app on ios and on the desktop so went through all the post trying to optimize the settings and now it feels snappy. So thanks everyone for that!

But for some reason when I upload files the upload process pause every 10mb for 1-10sec and then continues for another 10mb, pause and so on until the upload i complete. Speed when it uploads seems fine 20-30mb/s. But the pauses increase the upload time from 3-4 min to 40 min.
I tested to upload a file over 4g about 5-7 mb/s and there is no pauses in the upload. Seems to be as soon as the upload speed is over 10mb/s the upload processes take a pause every 10mb for a few sec.

Anyone have any ideas?

liberty87

Dabbler
because when I turn off and on the nas again I can no longer access nextcloud from my domain?
Can anyone help me? I currently own a purchased domain, I made an account on cladflare, I linked my domain, in the control panel of my domain I entered the claudflare dns, not having a static ip I registered on dns-o-matic and set the claudflare data. in my router I set the dns of dns-o-matic. But after a few days, turning on my nas I can no longer access nextcloud. appeva I enter my domain I see the page in the picture. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 220

MikeJ8181

Cadet
I have an upload size limit of 1g? im also getting: stat(): stat failed * Local.php#144 for the folder when it fails.

RSVP

Explorer
I just saw your NextCloud setup script, and I was wondering if it is possible to easily modify your script to use self signed certificates INSIDE the firewall. I don't really want (or need) the server to be exposed to the internet at large. If I need access, I'll use a VPN.

I think you could try setting NO_CERT=1 in the config file

Curious if this works for anyone else? It doesnt for me. With the crisis I really havent had the time to continue trouble shooting the issues I have with the script. Perhaps I am wrong, but seems to me no_cert still has the same issue around resolving around a FQDN, instead of just the jail ip inside the firewall. It would be excelent to learn how to modify the script to have no_cert circumvent a lot of the stuff this runs and just have a solid jail.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me? I currently own a purchased domain, I made an account on cladflare, I linked my domain, in the control panel of my domain I entered the claudflare dns, not having a static IP I registered on dns-o-matic and set the claudflare data. in my router I set the dns of dns-o-matic. But after a few days, turning on my nas I can no longer access nextcloud. appeva I enter my domain I see the page in the picture. What am I doing wrong?
On your private network, in a browser, when you enter http://192.168.1.55, which I presume is your Nextcloud jail IP, what do you see? What about when you enter https://libertycloud.cloud?

I have an upload size limit of 1g? im also getting: stat(): stat failed * Local.php#144 for the folder when it fails.
This seems to be an internal Nextcloud issue. Have you tried looking in or raising this in the Nextcloud forum?

Perhaps I am wrong, but seems to me no_cert still has the same issue around resolving around a FQDN, instead of just the jail IP inside the firewall.
Are you resolving the FQDN to the Nextcloud jail IP within the local network? This was the make or break for me.

RSVP

Explorer
Are you resolving the FQDN to the Nextcloud jail IP within the local network? This was the make or break for me.

Yes I have. I have tried every possible variation. I have since tried other jails, other packages, plugins etc. I am starting to think 11.3 has a jail networking issue. As I have seen a thread on some of the same issues. I cannot get any access to any option. Except on occasion no cert. But then it loses connection within a minute. But that still doesnt change the fact if that is solved, I.e. Update issue. This script Way over kill for what I would be looking for and I still hope it can be modded. I have reveres proxy and set encyption at my router. I want a jail that resolves to local IP . and I am not sure if this does that. It runs a bunch of script with No cert the same as if with cert. No cert should bypass all the code for encryption with caddy etc. and not finalize with saying access with http: or https at domaine name. Should be ip address. So great work. Just designed for people who want open ports and encryption on local lan. etc.

profzelonka

Explorer
I'm so lost... If I install the github script from post 1, I can't access or see any of the apparantly successfully installed nextcloud. There's nothing, it just hangs on the assigned IP address when accessed. My router shows the IP active so, it works but no www maybe?? I'm quite confused, tho I did everything according and encountered no errors/issues during install.

If I setup nextcloud via plugins (v17), I can get it all working but can't get DDNS working. Besides, I want the latest nextcloud, not v17..