Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

jchamie

Cadet
Had you previously changed those from the defaults?
yes I changed the defaults because they were getting 504 error too. Then I changed to 4G, 8G and 8G but that was obviously to high and once I changed to 2G, 4G and 512M it fixed up the problem

Shane01

Cadet
Hi. Just tried to install this and got the following error message.

--
/ystem config value overwrite.cli.url set to string https://name.dynu.net
System config value htaccess.RewriteBase set to string /
Error updating .htaccess file, not enough permissions or "overwrite.cli.url" set to an invalid URL?
--

Still new to this so was just following the instructions with the following config file

--
JAIL_IP="192.168.178.27"
DEFAULT_GW_IP="192.168.178.1"
POOL_PATH="/mnt/pool/NextCloud"
DB_PATH="/mnt/pool/NextCloud/db"
FILES_PATH="/mnt/pool/NextCloud/files"
TIME_ZONE="Australia/Brisbane"
HOST_NAME="name.dynu.net"
STANDALONE_CERT=1
CERT_EMAIL="me@email.com"
--

Jail doesn't respond to either ip or domain.

I'm running FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1 and I can see this was a problem with Nextcloud 14 a couple of months ago but appears to have been fixed but not for me. any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

danb35

Hall of Famer
Error updating .htaccess file, not enough permissions or "overwrite.cli.url" set to an invalid URL?
I'm not certain this is a problem. See if caddy is running--run iocage exec nextcloud service caddy status. If not, try to start it with iocage exec nextcloud service caddy start.

Shane01

Cadet
OK - tried that. Caddy isn't running and it doesn't start when I use the start command.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Caddy isn't running and it doesn't start when I use the start command.
Does it give any error output? If not, is there anything in /var/log/caddy.log in the jail?

neto_hugo

Explorer
Hey,

After the installation finished without any errors, when trying to access NC by the browser (with domain and by IP) always gives error ... "Can not access this site"

I can not access the NC page to put user and password

What could be going wrong?
Thank you!

neto_hugo

Explorer
Sure... It's in Portuguese, if you can not understand something, let me know and I'll help you.

Pic1.png

InkedNC_Edited_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 277

danb35

Hall of Famer
OK, looks like Caddy might not be running. Check that using iocage exec nextcloud service caddy status. If it isn't, try starting it using iocage exec nextcloud service caddy start and post the output if it fails.

neto_hugo

Explorer
OK. Caddy was not running,
I activated the service and still not running...

Pic2.png

neto_hugo

Explorer
Thanks for ypur help danb...

Pic3.jpg

neto_hugo

Explorer
jail 'caddy' not found!

neto_hugo

Explorer
Pic4.jpg

danb35

Hall of Famer
The fact that you're posting screen shots rather than text means I can't copy/paste the problem, but it looks like the problem is that your domain doesn't have DNS records--the line saying "No valid IP addresses found for ..." (and I'm assuming you redacted your domain name there). You need to have a DNS A record in place pointing to your IP address for Caddy to be able to get the certificate.

neto_hugo

Explorer
And how do I get these recordings?
Yes, I'm omitting the domain... In Cloudflare it is as conifigured as A...

Sorry I will not post more screens, I thought it made understand me better ...

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm also seeing an error about a missing DNS plugin, which sounds odd. What are the contents of your nextcloud-config file (edit: mask the Cloudflare credentials, if you're using DNS validation for Let's Encrypt)? And what's the output of iocage exec nextcloud caddy -version and iocage exec nextcloud caddy -plugins?

Last edited:

ykhodo

Explorer
I'm having issues with the iOS app. If I don't set an image as available offline, I can't see it in a preview and nothing happens when I click on it. Are there any settings I need to adjust? I'm not seeing anything interesting in the logs.

Last edited: