hafnix

Dabbler
Ok I tried to change but once again the output is ">", see screenshot

console1.jpg

hafnix

Dabbler
Yes, this way it works
Code:
su -m www -c "php /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/occ user:resetpassword admin"

And itis in apache24

Thank you very much :):D:)

Platter7

Dabbler
I like DNS validation better, and one of the reasons is that the jail doesn't have to be open to incoming connections on ports 80 and 443 for it to work. But both will work, and most folks would probably prefer to have the Nextcloud installations open to the Internet anyway

I would really like to digg in to this a bit deeper. If DNS validation is safer then the port-forwarding variant why does the majority choose / use portforwarding? Are there any good resources on this matter?
Another way would be to use openVPN to make a secure connection to (for example) PFsense and from there acces the nextcloud-server...

danb35

Hall of Famer
If DNS validation is safer then the port-forwarding variant why does the majority choose / use portforwarding?
I don't know that DNS validation is necessarily safer than HTTP validation, nor do I know what the majority chooses. HTTP validation does require that a couple of ports on the jail be accessible from the Internet, but if that's a configuration you'd be using anyway, there's no additional exposure. IETF believes that both are comparably secure for the purpose of validating domain control.

One reason that people will avoid DNS validation is that most DNS providers don't have a suitable API that would allow it to be automated, and they're unwilling or unable to switch to another one or self-host an acme-dns instance.

hockeyamd

Cadet
Great Job. Worked Great!

I wanted to use ElasticSearch and Tesseract OCR but I am unsure how to safely add the requirements to my install

I used this Debian instructions as a loose template to guide me https://kenfavors.com/code/how-to-install-full-text-search-using-elastic-search-and-nextcloud/
I figured how to install elastic search and tessarct search safely but I am confused on how to install elasticsearch-plugin . I can not seem to find the elasticseach/bin folders. Any tips on find this folder?

Pctravel

Dabbler
I used these instructions to setup Nextcloud and it's been working great for a few weeks now without a hitch. Today shut down the jail before I did the 11.2 new update (was previously on 11.2) and at reboot the jail started fine and shows "UP". I can ping the IP address and open the shell however my mobile app is giving the server error now and from my desktop I no longer able to get the login screen. I don't remember what mnt points were setup but currently I am only seeing the Portsnap mnt point. Should there also be one to my files directory that is on my pool? I'm so disappointed as this seems so silly to have broken with the shutdown and restart? I am appreciative of any suggestions as I would hate to have to restart a new install. The only other Jail I have installed is Emby server and that's working great.

If the best course is to restart from scratch if I leave the files folder alone as it has a bunch in it already will the script successfully link up provided I use the same user account name? I would delete and reset the DB and Portsnap folders to be empty. (and this wouldn't impact anything with my emby setup right???) Sorry for newbie questions.

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
currently I am only seeing the Portsnap mnt point.
There's your problem, the same bug in 11.2-U2.1 (and perhaps earlier) that's bitten others. It seems to have been fixed in 11.2-U3, though. You should be able to fix this by stopping the jail, adding the mountpoints, and starting it back up. You'll need to add your DB_PATH (which defaults to POOL_PATH/db) at /var/db/mysql, and FILES_PATH (which defaults to POOL_PATH/files) to /mnt/files.

Pctravel

Dabbler
That's great. One more question, with mounting to /var/db/mysql i'm getting destination directory should be empty error. I'm adding the mount through the new GUI. Do I need to do this through the shell? My Files mount was no problem. ****OK, I'm seeing another "mysql" under "Mysql", I assume I mnt the second one correct but I'm still getting the "destination should be empty" error with that one too? I see /mnt/var/mysql/mysql. Under the first Mysql I see another directory of /performance_schema and /test

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
Go into the jail with iocage console nextcloud, stop mysql with service mysql stop, then remove everything in /var/db/mysql with rm -rf /var/db/mysql/*. Then stop the jail and add the mountpoints as above.

Pctravel

Dabbler
sorry for all the questions/issues. I run "service mysql stop" after logging into "iocage console nextcloud" and get the below error? I tried to just do the remove command after the below but after I stop the jail and try to mnt the database I get the same error diretory not empty

1553968079955.png

Attachments

• 1553968049916.png
    1553968049916.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

Vegastrey

Cadet
There's your problem, the same bug in 11.2-U2.1 (and perhaps earlier) that's bitten others. It seems to have been fixed in 11.2-U3, though. You should be able to fix this by stopping the jail, adding the mountpoints, and starting it back up. You'll need to add your DB_PATH (which defaults to POOL_PATH/db) at /var/db/mysql, and FILES_PATH (which defaults to POOL_PATH/files) to /mnt/files.

This fix was a godsend. It was not an easy one to find though. I imagine multiple people updating to 11.2 u3 will encounter this. Perhaps adding something to the github page with instructions for fixing the mount points would be useful?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Perhaps adding something to the github page with instructions for fixing the mount points would be useful?
Check out the latest update under the "Status" heading and see what you think.

hockeyamd

Cadet
I just did the FreeNAS-11.2-U3 update and now it will not load

chrome message
This page isn’t working
192.168. is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500