Running ZeroTier in jail but does not ping other ZeroTier networks

sleeper52

Explorer
I'm on FreeNAS 11.3-U3.2.
I managed to install ZeroTier on 2 of my jails (Organizr, and Jackett). Checking ZT stats say it's OK but on the listnetworks command, it's saying PORT_ERROR PRIVATE.

On my ZT web account, it detects that the service is running on the jails and shows up online but I cannot ping other ZT networks from said jails and vice versa.

What am I missing. Anyone know how to resolve this?

1593418109950.png

ifconfig does not show the ZT virtual NIC but why does it show as 'online' when bringing up the status and why does it show up on my ZT web account?

1593418623222.png

1593418278264.png

Last edited:

sleeper52

Explorer
Anyone?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I suspect you'll need to modify your jail to allow mounting devfs, so ZT can create the virtual NIC device. However, there's currently a bug that prevents iocage from using any devfs_ruleset other than 5, so you likely can't run ZT inside a jail at this time.

sleeper52

Explorer
I suspect you'll need to modify your jail to allow mounting devfs, so ZT can create the virtual NIC device. However, there's currently a bug that prevents iocage from using any devfs_ruleset other than 5, so you likely can't run ZT inside a jail at this time.

Oh shoot that's too bad. I'll wait for the next FreeNAS update then. Hopefully that issue gets fixed. In the meantime, I'll keep this thread open and monitor it. Thanks.

sleeper52

Explorer
Were you ever able to resolve this? I am having the same issue.

Sorry but it still does not work for me on FreeNAS 11.3.-U4.1
Here's hoping it gets fixed on the transition to TrueNAS.