RTL8111e networkcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aendue

Cadet
Hello guys,
i am having a issue with the above mentioned networkcard/chip. By default is is not supported by Freenas 8.0. I installed Freenas on my nas and the nic is not recognised from the system. Just a study light on the interface, no activity led!!!

I have read that there was already a problem by freenas 0.7 with this nic. At google I could find some howto´s with drives and I tried it but the drivers ar compiled for freenas 0.7 !!!
Link:
http://www.kristijan.org/2010/11/freenas-realtek-network-card/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freenas/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6984&start=20#p7616

My mainboard: Asus AT5NM10T-I

Are there any drivers out there for Freenas 8 and RT8111e?

jfr2006

Contributor
Hi:

Your board must be broken, because i (and a lot of people more) am using the same network card with freenas 8.0 without a single problem.

Regards.

kaltsoplyn

Cadet
I was having problems with an on-board RTL8110, both in 8.0.1 and 0.7.2 (see here). Motherboard is an MSI 865P Neo2 platinum.
It would be recognized, get a DHCP or manually configured IP, ping around, but would not allow me to render the GUI! (inexplicable problem, really)
I eventually gave up on it and just replaced it with an old 3COM PCI card and all is well.

I would guess that if I had had the chance to set up shares, it would work with them (but I'm too bored to actually try this now that my shares have been set using the 3COM). Anyway, it is my understanding that others are using the same chip with no or different problems so it must be down to some sort of BIOS or motherboard problem. In your case it should be one of these reasons, too. (answer not too helpful, huh? :))

mullepol

Dabbler
I have the new hw revision of 8111e that didn't get detected in 8.0, but in 8.0.1 it changed. So try upgrading to the newer versions.

warri

Guru
Yes, using 8.0.1 or higher should resolve that issue - I had the same problem with 8.0-Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.