SOLVED RSYNC task with FreeNAS and a Win7 client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to everyone. This is my first post and i wish to thanks FreeNAS community. Thanks in advance for every solution you will give to me.​
Problem: i must set a synchronization between FreeNAS 8.3.1 and a Win7 client that runs Deltacopy. In this case FreeNAS is the server (pull), and i wish to run synchro operation always from FreeNAS (on the client machine, Deltacopy serves only for estabilish communication and not for running scheduling tasks)​
Communications between machines it'ok because if i try to test synchro task, the files appears on FreeNAS (but i run the task from client, Deltacopy). But, as i said, i must run the task from FreeNAS and, in this case, i tried without success (the process don't work).​
On the manual (page 67, point 4.4 "Rsync tasks") i found this:
"If you are synchronizing data between two FreeNAS system, create the sync task on rsync client".​
So, finally, the big question: if i use a Win7 client instead a FreeNAS client, i must do the same? I obliged to run synchro tasks only from the client machine (in my case Win7) like if i have two FreeNAS? Thanks in advance.​

Dusan

Guru
You need to use the Rsync module mode in Freenas and use DeltaCopy to run an rsync server. You also need to configure the rsync modules in DeltaCopy (they call it Virtual Directories).

Thanks Dusan, but this solution don't works well for me. If i set Deltacopy as server, Deltacopy (Win7) will be the receiving machine. I'm triyng to found the opposite solution. The client (Deltacopy) must be the sender and FreeNAS will receive that data.

Dusan

Guru
No, if you set DeltaCopy to be a server, you can ask FreeNAS to both send and/or receive to/from the server. The server has nothing to do with the direction of the transfer. The server/daemon is always the "passive" element -- it just waits for rsync clients to connect and transfer data (in any direction). You can then schedule rsync tasks on FreeNAS to both push and/or pull data.

Status
Not open for further replies.