SOLVED Rsync Task not Starting

Morpheus187

Explorer
Hello

I've stumbled upon a strange problem and maybe I'm just dumb and overlooking something

I've got an rsync replication task from my Freenas system to a Synology nas which used to work, then I recently discoverd that it hasn't worked for months and began investigating.

I could see that the process is entered in cron and triggered by cron

Code:
cat /etc/crontab
--output omitted--
00      01      *       *       5,6     morpheus        PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/bin/lockf -s -t 0 -k "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" /usr/local/bin/rsync -r -t --delete-delay --delay-updates --password-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsync.pwd   --log-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsynclog "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" admin@192.168.2.10::"Backup" 2>&1 |/usr/bin/logger -t rsync
--output omitted--

cat /var/log/cron
--output omitted--
Jun 14 23:32:00 freenas /usr/sbin/cron[7855]: (morpheus) CMD (PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/bin/lockf -s -t 0 -k "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" /usr/local/bin/rsync -r -t --delete-delay --delay-updates --password-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsync.pwd   --log-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsynclog "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" admin@192.168.2.10::"Backup" 2>&1 |/usr/bin/logger -t rsync)

But that's everything I got, not even the logfile that I defined in the script gets any input, it's just as the process is not even being started.

When I copy everything and try to run it from the console, it fails with the following message.

Code:
PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/bin/lockf -s -t 0 -k "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" /usr/local/bin/rsync -r -t --delete-delay --delay-updates --password-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsync.pwd   --log-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsynclog "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" admin@192.168.2.10::"Backup" 2>&1 |/usr/bin/logger -t rsync

Ambiguous output redirect.

If I copy only the relevant part of the script it works and the transfer is being initiated ( I start it as user morpheus so that rsync can read the pw file which belongs to the user morpheus )

Code:
/usr/local/bin/rsync -r -t --delete-delay --delay-updates --password-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsync.pwd --log-file=/mnt/VOL1/rsynclog "/mnt/VOL1/Storage/" admin@192.168.2.10::"Backup" | /usr/bin/logger -t rsync

--> The logfile at /mnt/VOL1/rsynclog starts filling up with entries and files are being transferred

I can also not start it from the guy with the "Run Now" option.

What puzzles me is that I can start the process from console, so that command itself can't be wrong

I'm using FreeNAS-11.1-U7 at the moment

Specs:
Xeon E3
64 GB ECC-Ram
8x6TB WD Red discs
1GB Network

Any ideas where I should keep looking or suggestions what could be the root cause of this problem?

Many thanks

Morpheus187

Morpheus187

Explorer
UPDATE

I've just updated Freenas to FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1 and it seems to work now again. Manual start via the guy started the replication process.