Rsync same Box

Huib

Explorer
The backuptest dataset has been snapshot 2 times with periodic snapshot task already and once manually also.
Could you post screenshots of both the periodic snapshot task (after selecting "edit" so all settings are visible) and the same for the corresponding replication task?

Otherwise I have very little to go on.

Jatrabari

Contributor
Sure. Here they are.

periodic.JPG

replication1.JPG

replication2_edit.JPG

I noticed earlier that on the Replication Task page (second pic) previously it said "Waiting" on status but hasn't said anything for a while.

I am testing and learning the replication task with backuptest dataset. Ultimate goal is to replicate the whole Scorpius pool to Sikozu regularly. Backuptest dataset is now limited to 50 GB and I generated files with dd into it and it stands at about 20 GB used.

There have been 3 snapshots done now for the backuptest dataset according to the schedule above + one manual.

Last edited:

Huib

Explorer
Honestly it looks like you have everything filled in correctly

Perhaps a stupid question, but do you have your SSH service running?

1560938071160.png

My settings are as follows and it works for me.
1560938032124.png

Also check if the port in ssh setting are the same as in your replication task settings.

Regarding your plan, that should not be a problem.
This is my replication page at work.
1560938330672.png

It replicates about 840 GB in total over an internet line with a speed of 20 megabit per second.
Because only the changes are done, this is not a problem at all.

Jatrabari

Contributor
I have ssh service running yes but I realized that I don't need ssh or encryption at all because the replication data doesn't leave the server.

I got the replication working when I changed the setup mode from Manual to Semi-automatic. Also you have to insert the replication token.

But there are a few things about the replication that I don't understand... I created another test dataset to see if there was something going on about the first one...

1. If the setup mode is set to Manual there isn't any place or switch or button that it can be activated, how is it activated? I thought that I would relate to manual snapshot generation but I had that previously and it didn't trigger it.

2. The FreeNAS documentation says that the target dataset is automatically created as read only. I noticed that @Huib's dataset was originally readonly but my replication didn't produce a readonly dataset. Is it a bug possibly?

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 22.01.32 .png

3. Also I was wondering why are the source and target dataset sizes slightly different from one another?

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 22.03.41 .png

Last edited:

oumpa31

Patron
I have run into an issue rsync doesn't seam to want to run anymore. I tried removing the task and redoing it for my Media folder and all i get from that logs is that "failed: Operation not permitted" on every files that it tries to copy over. Is there any reason this would happen I'm still on 11.2.u4.1