SOLVED Rsync Problem

Kanky

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

I am trying to setup Rsync to another local freenas box.

When I try create the push task I get the following:
Code:
The Remote Path you specified does not exist or is not a directory.Either create one yourself on the remote machine or uncheck the 'rsync_validate_rpath' field.**Note**: This could also happen if the remote path entered exceeded 255 characters and was truncated, please restrict it to255. Or it could also be that your SSH credentials (remote host,etc) are wrong.

The path I am trying to use is: /mnt/Tank/Backup/B2

On the Push machine when I go into Shell I can ssh into the pull box without any difficulty?

Is there something I am missing? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Which version of FreeNAS is this?

You are trying to rsync /mnt/Tank/Backup/B2 from the source system to the same directory on the target system? Does that directory exist on the target system?

Kanky

Dabbler
It's version 9.10.

The 'B2' path is on the 'pull' machine. I copied the path directly from the edit volume permissions page as to ensure no typos.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
On the Push machine when I go into Shell I can ssh into the pull box without any difficulty?
Definitely using the same user as the rsync task?
Definitely set up for public key authentication (you don't have to enter a password)?

Kanky

Dabbler
I believe so. I'm not in front of pc now so can't check.

If I have to enter a password in shell using the ssh command, do that mean it's not setup correctly?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
If I have to enter a password in shell using the ssh command, do that mean it's not setup correctly?
Right. The task has no way to ask for a password, so you have to use public key authentication.

William Bravin

Contributor
I am new to rsync and i am trying to figure it out.

i read thorough these posts and i still do not see a solution for me.

i reposted it here because in an rsync forum i was getting no traction.... sorry for this

I run 2 freenas servers (11.3) and on the second server which i turn on once a week (through the GUI) and I built 4 identical tasks all scheduled but for the moment i run them now. All the ACL of the data sets on both servers are owned by myself (wbravin) with full control.

the tasks are for documents, music, movies and tv shows. All tasks are simple

all task with the exception of the one for tv shows work well when i go to run the task for movies it fails. So what could be wrong?

the data set and the shared are tagged as tv shows

my path is /mnt/media/tv shows
my remote host i put the target server IP 192.168.1.248
and the remote module mane i insert tv shows

i repeat all the other rsync tasks are built the same and they work

I do not know how to get to the logs to identify the problem. How do i get them?

can anyone please help

thank you