Rsync Failure

denningsrogue

Dabbler
I am attempting to copy the contents of a dataset from my FreeNAS 11.3-U1 box to an UnRaid system using rsync over ssh. When I run the rsync task, I get the following error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 388, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/rsync.py", line 609, in run
f'rsync command returned {cp.returncode}. Check logs for further information.'
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] rsync command returned 12. Check logs for further information.

I have no issues ssh'ing from the FreeNAS to the UnRaid box using my key pair. Can anyone tell me what the issue is?

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
No solution, but same here.
One three datasets the cloud-sync task to BackBlaze works, on one this failure appears.

robertg

Cadet
I have something similar, I'm getting the following error:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 388, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
    return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/rsync.py", line 609, in run
    f'rsync command returned {cp.returncode}. Check logs for further information.'
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] rsync command returned 73. Check logs for further information.

The log mentions the following:

Code:
lockf: cannot open /mnt/tank/rsynctest: Permission denied

It only happens with samba shares that have ACL permissions. I have tried all sorts of persmissions, setting default ACL options to open, and owned by the same users that runs the rsync task. ACL mode is set to Passthrough on the dataset, but it sill fails with the above error.

Normal shares without ACL work fine. Did anyone find a solution?

Same Problem here. After uploading about 2TB of Data to Dropbox without any connection issues, the cloud sync task reports as failed with following error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run await self.future File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 386, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 960, in nf return await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/cloud_sync.py", line 909, in sync await rclone(self.middleware, job, cloud_sync) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/cloud_sync.py", line 229, in rclone raise ValueError(message) ValueError: rclone failed

The same happened with another SMB Share with ACL.

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
My only solution yet was, to create a new bucket in Backblaze and Create a new task with a completely full new upload to the cloud. But that can't be the solution, especially with 2TB.

My only solution yet was, to create a new bucket in Backblaze and Create a new task with a completely full new upload to the cloud. But that can't be the solution, especially with 2TB.

Interesting....unfortunately there are no such things like buckets in dropbox though...

We have a lot more to sync with dropbox. 10Tb and growing...

Would be good to have a fast solution for this, since uploadtimes are huge with 50mbits.