I have created 2 FreeNAS servers.
MainServer:
Dell PowerEdge T310
1 Installation SSD
5 HDD of 3 TB Capacity creating a stripe of 15 TB
OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-U3
(Build Date: Mar 27, 2019 18:24)
SMB share: /mnt/FununPool/GeneralShare (This folder is having files and subfolders upto 7 TB)
IP: 192.168.100.235

Secondaryserver:
Intel Core i7 Machine - 8 GB RAM
1 Installation SSD
3 HDD of 4 TB Capacity creating a stripe of 12 TB
OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-U3
(Build Date: Mar 27, 2019 23:54)
IP: 192.168.100.236

on MainServer I have created a rsync module name rsyncGeneralShare. Also I have created a PUSH rsync task with IP 192.168.100.236. Following is the screenshot of rsync task on MAINSERVER
1554952043490.png

on secondary server also I have created a rsync module name rsyncGeneralShare. also created a PULL rsync task with IP 192.168.100.235. Following is the screenshot of rsync task created on SECONDARY SERVER.
1554952094671.png

When the task is executed, new folders and subfolders are created on secondary server. Entire directory structure is created same as Main Server. But no files are copied.

I have been trying since last 24 hrs to solve this but in vain. Has anyone faced such problem? Any luck on this?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If you have folders but no files, it is probably still in the process of making the copy. Once it is done, all the files appear at once. Depending on the amount of data, it can take days to do a full initial sync.

I had one that took 18 days to finish the first sync. You don't see any progress, so you just need to be patient and let it work.

Khuzaima

Dabbler
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.
I have about 7 TB of data in GeneralShare.

in last 24 hrs, not a single file has appeared.

Ok, I shall wait for 2-3 days and revert on this thread.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Are you seeing disk activity on the drives in the servers?

guermantes

Patron
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.
I have about 7 TB of data in GeneralShare.

in last 24 hrs, not a single file has appeared.

Ok, I shall wait for 2-3 days and revert on this thread.

I would say that you don't have to wait since it it most probably not a question of creating the files. You are copying to a directory with Windows permissions, I would think? Then rsync will have problems with the -a archive flag (also with perms, owner, group flags that are contained in the -a). It simply will never work. That is my experience anyway. To troubleshoot, see if you can rsync without retaining permissions owner group and not archiving. That should work. Rsync has problems with datasets in freenas given windows permissions.

Have a look here: impaired-rsync-permissions-support-for-windows-datasets

Clarus

Cadet
Hi, since I just ran into the same problem and ended up in this older thread... it was a permission problem on the destination (belonged to root but I was running rsync under a different user, chmod in the GUI shell). Just an oversight on my part but really made me go crazy. It created all the folder structures and pumped all the data over the line, but not a single file was created, only the folders.

This is probably one of a trillion possible causes.