Rsync configuration

Pauloxppx

Cadet
Hello,

How do I configure Freenas to accept connections that way?

rsync [OPTION...] rsync://[USER@]HOST[ : PORT]/SRC... [DEST]

Currently the rsync works only over SSH.

I would like him to answer directly through the protocol ( rsync:// ).

Best Regards,

David F

Cadet
Hi I am afraid I am a bit of a noob - used to work in IT but have been out of the game for a while now and am probably a little rusty...I originally set up RSYNC on my NAS when it was running version 9. Since then I have upgraded but for the life of me I cant get it working again.

I am now running the latest version of FreeNAS. I have the main NAS then another pool plugged into that NAS So I want to Sync between pools (all on the same IP.

I have gone ahead and created the Services for Push and pull, I have gone ahead and created the tasks restarted the services. I have attached screen shots and the errors that are being returned. Any help would be appreciated. Apologies If I have posted this in the wrong place.

1596284527288.png

1596284592087.png

Error Log :

rsync: getaddrinfo: backup 873: hostname nor servname provided, or not known
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(127) [sender=3.1.3]

I am hoping it is something simple.

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all

I had a disaster happen to my it environment and i had to rebuild everything from scratch. Several years ago i had everything working well.

However i cannot seem to get my rsync tasks to work properly

I have 2 truenas server on the same network
server 1) pool: media with documents, music, movies and tv shows as datasets
server 2) pool: media with Documents, Music, Movies and Tv shows as datasets

When i set a new rsync task

I select the pool and (as example) documents from server 1 to push to server 2
i then select the target server 2, then module then remote module Documents

What i then get is that rsync will copy all of the dataset documents on server 1 into a new older on server 2 dataset Documents hence duplicating the contents

If i select instead target server 2 then module then remote module media It creates a subfolder in the media pool

What i need is that i can copy from one server to the other (iether pull or push) to the other server by overiting the files in the second server

What have i done wrong ?

Thank you for responding