Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

NASbox

Guru
What has happened to the FreeNAS roadmap?

Now that the bug tracker has migrated away from Redmine how can I determine when releases are due and what the outstanding issues are.

The old system was very clear, but unless I am not looking in the right place I don't see any way to get the info provided by the old system.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's the easy part: https://jira.ixsystems.com/projects...rojects-plugin:release-page&status=unreleased

1554829984876.png

rvassar

Guru

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's a separate account. If you had one in the old bug tracker, you'll have to use the recover password function.

rvassar

Guru
I'm not sure I ever created a bug tracker account. Ok, thanks for the update!

NASbox

Guru
It would be VERY NICE if they could have that page open without a login-a lot of the "issues" seem to be in the clear.

I'm curious as to why the change?

The old system seemed to be much better laid out - at least the pages I looked at.
Could clearly see number of items without having to click on each item.
I hope it's better for the developers.

rvassar

Guru
It would be VERY NICE if they could have that page open without a login-a lot of the "issues" seem to be in the clear.

I'm curious as to why the change?

The old system seemed to be much better laid out - at least the pages I looked at.
Could clearly see number of items without having to click on each item.
I hope it's better for the developers.

Jira is used by a lot of professional software development teams these days. You're only seeing the public face of it. In addition to the partitioning, and the ability to submit private files with defects, there's a whole slew of features hidden behind the scenes. Jira offers a plugin framework that allows it to tie to various other pieces of the development team's process. Everything from Git/Jenkins/Practitest, to various Agile team & time management trackers, etc... I'm under the impression it can even handle time sheets for Open Source developers that hop between projects and get paid by the feature/bug.

TimoJ

Dabbler

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
As stated above, you apparently need to be logged in to your bug tracker account to see the roadmap.

TimoJ

Dabbler

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

TimoJ

Dabbler
Link works fine for me. You SURE you're logged in?
Yes, I'm sure. I also logged out and back in and still the same problem. I just made my account there, maybe there is some configuration error in the system and only old (moved from the old system) accounts work correctly?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm on mobile, so it's not very practical for me to file a bug report for that right now. If someone else does, please post a link.

TimoJ

Dabbler
I'm on mobile, so it's not very practical for me to file a bug report for that right now. If someone else does, please post a link.
Still the same problem. Where should the bug report go? This is not a FreeNAS bug, so is bug tracker still the right place for it?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yes. Since nobody else has, I'll take care of it in an hour or so.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

wkn

Dabbler
Is it a "first" shot for the new roadmap page? It is definitly less informative (e.g. what is planned for what release?) and less clearly than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.