SOLVED resilio sync - how to sync shares

ysnk

Explorer
I can't figure out how to setup the Resilio to sync my SMB shares.
I have a couple of shares, such as /mnt/pool/photos and /mnt/pool/work
I installed the resilio on my Freenas server, trying to add a folder to sync but Resilio can't see it, the /mnt folder is empty.

Can someone please help? Do i have to somehow setup a permission for Resilio?
Thanks!

ysnk

Explorer
Yes, I added the storage to the Resilio jail, and created user the "btsync" with UID 817
It worked.

Ryan Allen

Explorer
UPDATE:
I found what usernames and groups were in the jail and found out that they are now using "rslsync" UID 817 for UID and Group.
BUT.. still didn't work.....

So i'm having a different issue.
I am not able to add a folder to my Resilio from the Web UI.
It says I do not have Write Permission.

I made a "btsync" user and group as well as the "btsync" UID 817.

I'm running 11.2 release p9

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Ryan Allen

Explorer
Yes. Forgot to post it.
I had to make sure BOTH UID & GID where using 817.
When I go to make a UID and put in 817 for a specific number, I thought that it also made a GID the SAME as my specific UID number. Turns out, that the GID needs to be manually changed after you add the UID.

Something SO simple, turn out to be Such a PITA!

bwanajag

Dabbler
I've created the rslsync user and group, UID and GID both 817, but I'm still being told in the resilio management interface that I don't have permission to write to the folder (mount point assigned to the jail). Is there something else that needs to happen for this to work?

You need to give the location you're writing to outside the jail write access to rslsync.

nasraider

Cadet
I've installed the rslsync community plugin, created a user and group called "btsync" set to id 817. The stopped the jail and created a mount from a pool/dataset to a the /media directory in the jail. I assigned the btsync user with user and group permission to the dataset.

I'm still unable to add the standard share via the web portal. When I click on /mnt it does not expand the pool and dataset folders.

What am I missing?

It would be great if the exact steps could be listed please?