Reporting on 11.2 broken

Jose Baars

Cadet
Definitely not related to USB sticks. I do not have USB sticks in my system, booting from SSD.
The message might indicate some kind of race condition in the collectd code.

SNE

Dabbler
Running 11.2-5. Everything has been great for a couple months. Then all reporting stopped on the dashboard. Didn’t have time to deal with for a couple weeks. Upon looking at the monitor attached to the server , which I rarely do, I noticed the same error message about failure of nanosleep- no child process as reported by others here. I found this thread and checked and collectd had indeed stopped. I restarted the collectd service and reporting is back!
This is a bug, does anyone know if it has been reported yet?

For what it’s worth, I am using a mirrored SSD pair for the boot pool and see no errors there.

Last edited:

Jpmur

Cadet
I had the same issue. In my case, I remember once I changed the "system dataset" in the system tab. Because I have two redundant USB stick for Freenas and knowing that USB stick are prone to fail, I changed where the logs and system evens were stored.

To do that, I used a dataset on my pools. Then, later, I just forgot that and the reporting stopped working(probably when I configured the dataset differently). Bethween the moment of the fail and the time I changed the place to stored the logs, I just didn't remember the change I have made.

Then one time I just worked up I find out that it might be just that. So check if the system dataset is correctly configured, that might be just that.

My version of freenas is 11.2 U7

Last edited by a moderator: