Replication Task Status Codes

Erich

Dabbler
Hi,
the two FreeNAS boxes of mine are happily interacting, one as primary NAS, the other as backup for NAS' datasets. They are set-up according to https://doc.freenas.org/9.10/storage.html#replication-tasks and work flawlessly so far.
What the docs don't tell is which possible status codes the replication scripts holds. I'm asking this because to me they're a bit confusing. These a the ones I am aware of:
  • Sending <pool>/<dataset>@<snapshot> (x %) is quite obvious: replication in progress. All fine.
  • Up to date: this doesn't seem to be true while Sending ... is in progress on a different dataset. A long-running next-to job puts all other jobs on hold, thus they aren't up to date anymore after a while, new snapshots are lining up in the background. So, to me, Out of date would be a better designator. Or on hold.
  • Succeeded: this status comes right after a successful transmission. Later, Succeeded gets replaced by Up to date. I havn't witnessed when. Under what criteria?
  • Failure. E.g. if remote host isn't up. All fine here too.
What other Status codes are in there?
What exactly do they mean?
How are they bound together? Is there a sort of state machine where they are in?

nojohnny101

Wizard
I would be interested in this too. I know this thread is old but I after searching I can't seem to find explanations, just this unanswered thread.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Need more information. Where, specifically, are you seeing these status codes?

cbarber

Dabbler
Need more information. Where, specifically, are you seeing these status codes?
I believe the OP is referring to the values shown in the web gui in the list of rep tasks under Storage/Replication Tasks in the Status column. I would like to have a definitive answer for this too.

develissimo

Cadet
Bumping "Up to date" vs "Succeeded" Status on "Replication Tasks" whats the difference in status?

Thanks in advance!

curtii

Dabbler
Bumping as I also just found this, and would be interested to know if there is a difference and what it is. So far in my experience, there's not a difference, but would be great to get official confirmation