SOLVED Replication problems - failed: No such file or directory

adrianwi

Guru
After upgrading to 11.3-U1 I was having some issues with replication. I'd put this down to the legacy snapshots and tasks, and then there was a bug so I couldn't edit them to create new ones. That's fixed in U3.1, but I'm still having some issues with selective folders within a recursive snapshot not replicating.

I've created a new replication task for my /mnt/pool/iocage dataset to replicate to a second FreeNAS machine. It creates the periodic snapshot and replicates some of the folders, but fails to replicate the jails folder and all of the subfolders, which is what I really want to backup. I don't want to have to create individual tasks for each jail, and this used to work perfectly.

Anyone had a similar issue or know what I should try to resolve?

Thanks

adrianwi

Guru
Agh, I thought I had this resolved, but it's gone haywire again and not quite sure whether there is a bug or just my configuration.

Pre 11.3, and since the problems of 9.3.1, replication has worked perfectly for me. I'd created periodic snapshots for the datasets I wanted backing up, with different frequencies and settings. I had individual replication tasks, which picked up the snapshots and copied them to the backup FreeNAS device. It just worked!

After upgrading to 11.3, it continued to work (at least in appearance), but the problem started when I created a new jail and started seeing errors that this folder could not be created on the backup device, even though it's contained within the /mnt/pool/iocage periodic snapshot which is set recursively.

It wasn't really a jail I was too bothered about backing up, and at the time there was a bug that stopped me editing the replication tasks, so I just left things. Another month later, I'd created another jail that I did want to backup, and the replication task bug was fixed. Editing things didn't seem to work so I deleted the replication task and snapshots and tried to create everything again using the new wizard.

That appeared to have worked, at least for a day or two, but now I'm back to none of the folders from /mnt/pool/iocage replicating to the backup device. In the WUI, I can see the folder structure below the dataset, but when I SSH in nothing!

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 23.06.56.jpg

warriorcookie

Explorer
11.3-U4.1 seems to have resolved the issue for me.

adrianwi

Guru
Yes, and for me :smile: