Reload VM from reinstall of FreeNas 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

faithfulman

Cadet
Hello,

I have been using FreeNas for a 1 1/2 years now and had upgraded to version 11.0 some time ago. I recently had a problem with usb boot drives that forced me to reinstall FreeNas 11 again, so I'm now running the latest 11.2.

Upon doing so I've been trying to re-setup my VM's, but have yet to be successful at getting them to start up. They live on separate mirrored SSD drives which appear to be unaffected by the above usb boot issue. However, I'm not sure what I'm missing, being fairly new to FreeNas.

After reinstall I created a new VM instance, using 2 CPUs, 2GB Ram, boot method of UEFI, then added a boot disk and pointed it to my ZVol for that the reinstall automatically found. I've tried to run it with the Mode set to both VirtIO and AHCI. Both modes allow me to start the VM, but it comes up with either "Boot Failed. EFI Misc Device" and later goes to the UEFI Interactive Shell.

I'm a bit stuck and I have 3 VM's that were all previously ran CentOS, but I'm unsure what to try at this point. I've searched online and in the forum and haven't found anyone addressing this exact issue.

If anyone has some pointers I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.