Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

SOLVED Reinstall stuck on boot loader

Thanks
Im trying to reinstall Freenas after a usb boot drive failed. I have downloaded the latest release (11.2u5) and am trying to install to a new 120gb ssd mounted to an internal usb slot. the drive is recognised in the system (see image, I removed the data drives) but it is stuck on the boot loader screen for multiple hours.
Does it just take that long with a new ssd, is there something wrong with the install iso or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

myoung

FreeNAS Aware
Thanks
What hardware are you using and what version were you using before? 11.2 uses a new bootloader that some hardware does not work well with.

Thanks
What hardware are you using and what version were you using before? 11.2 uses a new bootloader that some hardware does not work well with.
Hardware is an HP DL380 G7 and I was running 11.2 u4 on that system previously.

Thanks
have managed to resolve the issue and the problem was I had my boot order wrong. The system was booting from the internal USB port (where the SSD was mounted with usb>sata adapter) rather than the external USB port.

#solved