Dabbler
is this possible?

blueether

Patron
It should just work...

Tell us a bit more about what has happened and any symptoms you currently have

woods

Dabbler
well, I was still in a testing phase so no worries, but I installed a new boot device and a fresh version of freenas. (old boot device was 11.2 and the new 11.3)

the new boot, didn't recognise the old pool; then I re-booted the previous version and properly exported the pool. Afterwards it was possible to import it into the new installation.

But some folders didn't show up on my client system, even though they were still there. Some folders also has (ACL) behind them.

Anyway, I was still testing so I just deleted everything and started a fresh pool.

blueether

Patron
exported folders? in that case I think it will be the config rather than anything else.

To import a pool go the the 'pool' tab and click 'add' and then choose 'existing pool' and it should work without issue

woods

Dabbler
exported folders? in that case I think it will be the config rather than anything else.

To import a pool go the the 'pool' tab and click 'add' and then choose 'existing pool' and it should work without issue

Yeah, it worked, but still, some files and folders in the pool directory were invisible. But now I think about it... some of the files had been written from a unix clients and others from a windows machine. Perhaps that could have something to do with it?