raspberry pi4 with xeoma cctv and FreeNAS

avalon60

Guru
I tried running xeoma cctv on the pi4 and having all the media sent to a CCTV folder on my NAS box with /mnt/CCTV/xeoma
On the pi I mounted the folders etc and then did a mount -a, where the NAS box folder was mounted succesfully.

When the cctv program was running, it only sent the pictures to FreeNAS, and not the videos. When recording was being done, there was an error message at the bottom of each camera view say ing:

'Archive is not being recorded. Failure to create directory for the archive (/mnt/CCTV/xeoma) ',

but the folders or directory was created, just no videos.
When I contacted xeoma support about this, they told me that I was using version ARMv6 of xeoma for the raspberry pi, but it was actually ARMv7. They now say that FreeNAS OS does not support ARMv6.

Can anyone shed any more light on this please.

danb35

Hall of Famer
They now say that FreeNAS OS does not support ARMv6.
They're 100% correct, as you've already been told, but this is also 100% irrelevant, as you aren't running FreeNAS on ARM (obviously, because it won't run on ARM). FreeNAS will accept client connections from devices of any architecture, as long as they're implementing the desired protocol properly.
Can anyone shed any more light on this please.
The only further advice I can give is to go back to their support and tell them to stop being stupid. The fact that FreeNAS does not "support" (i.e., "run on") ARM has nothing at all to do with your issue.

Jesse00

Cadet
I think the way the Hikvisions try to auto-manage 9apps free space on the NAS requires each cam to have its own volume/dataset.