Raid 1 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neagu.marius

Cadet
Hello,

I have the following problem. A few months ago I purchased 2 x 1.5TB WD HDDs and configured them on my 0.7.2 Freenas as a Raid 1 array. The 2 disks are named in Freenas ad4 and ad6. A couple of days ago I decided to swap one of the two disks with a 1.5TB Samsung HDD, for security reasons(thinking that it would be better to have the two mirrored hdds from two different manufacturers). So I executed the forget command, removed ad6, inserted the samsung hdd and rebuilt the array(all went ok, after 5 hours it said COMPLETE). So now ad4 is a WD and ad6 is a Samsung. The WD wich I took out, I want to use for storage in JBOD mode. The problem is that now, every time I recconect the WD I took out it sees it somehow as component of the RAID1 array and the array changes status to DEGRADED. When I plug it out, the array comes back to the COMPLETE status. I tried to format the HDD in freenas.... but nothing worked.... Why is this happening? Why can't I reuse a HDD I took out of a RAID 1 array?

Tekkie

Patron
Sounds like a problem very similar to what people are seeing in 8 as well, replacing drives in FreeNAS appears to be buggy.

What happens when you run zpool detach Raid1array /dev/replaceWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.