Qbittorrent searchplugin

Mutley

Dabbler
Hi
i'm fairly new to Freenas and have been doing as much reading and finding info as I can, my problem is I've done a manual install of Qbittorrent into an openvpn jail, following the instructions of https://digimoot.wordpress.com/2019/10/13/freenas-qbittorrent-manual-install/ . Everything appears to work fine except I cannot load any search plugins for Qbittorrent, if i hit the "check updates" button nothing happens and if I try to paste a url into "install new plugin" nothing happens. So after a bit of experimenting i decided to install a windows version to see if i would get the same problem, if possibly a firewall or router blocking, but everything worked and it allowed me to in install the search plugin. Having pulled hair out for a few hours, I then decided to install the plugin version of Qbittorrent to see what happens, everything installed ok and when I went to install the "search plugin" and hit the "check updates" it worked. So I'm totally stuck on what is allowing " Qbittorrent search plugin" to work on the plugin version with its own jail, but won't work on the manual installed version placed inside the openvpn jail. I'm using version 11.3. This was how I installed jail.
iocage create -n vpn -r 11.3-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.10/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on" . I'm assuming there is a slight configuration error somewhere, but I'm stuck now, so any help obviously appreciated

Mutley

Dabbler
Just a quick update, tried to install another manual jail separate from openvpn but no luck, but i rebooted the server and the plugin version has now stopped allowing me to check for updates in the qbittorrent search plugins.

Mutley

Dabbler
So after more searches and reading, looks like I have finally found a fix that now has my search plugins working. I opened up the shell of the jail where Qbittorrent is installed , and used the command, "pkg install python" I stopped the jail, restarted and went into the windows webui and search plugins came alive and worked.