Qbittorrent Plugin problems

Hello folks,

So I recently made my old stationary computer into a FreeNas server and decided to install Qbittorrent as a plugin.
Everything works fine except when the file of choice is finished downloading I cant move it I keep getting the message " The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program ". I have paused the torrent and even removed it from the WebGUI but I still get the message.
If I use the Qbittorrent program on my normal computer or laptop and set the download location inside the NAS it works without a problem, I can still move the torrent after a complete download into my plex folder.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Please follow forum rules and post full specs and freenas version (forum rules can be referenced here)

So you are mounting that location as a share on what computer (Mac or windows)? What kind of share?

I'm having trouble following your explanation. Can you detail specific paths and their locations (inside the jail, freenas host system, your laptop, etc.), I think I'm getting confused there.

Sorry will try to clearify better.

New to FreeNas so bear with me.
Currently running
FreeNAS-11.2-U3
with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 cores) and 8GB RAM and 2 TB storage.

I'm mainly using my FreeNas as a mediaserver with Plex installed.

Qbittorrent Mount-points:
Source: /mnt/CamelMedia/CAMEL-STORAGE/Torrent
Destination: /mnt/CamelMedia/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media/torrent

CAMEL-STORAGE is the folder where I keep all my media and torrents, it's also the folder which I have shared on my network so that I can access it from my PC and laptop. I believe the folder is shared with smbt since I think that's the standard.

The problem I'm having is that after I have finished downloading a torrent through the qbittorrents webgui into /mnt/CamelMedia/CAMEL-STORAGE/Torrent and try to move it into the appropriate plexmedia folder which is in /mnt/CamelMedia/CAMEL-STORAGE/PlexMedia I get a error message that says " The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program " as shown in the attached file.

But if I dont download through the qbittorrent client in the FreeNas but instead use my PC and set the download folder the same as the plugin it works just fine.

If there's anything else please let me know and I will try to clarify more, sorry for the late response been swamped at work.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 773

nojohnny101

Wizard
That's because qbittorrent is likely still using that file. Have you tried just copying it? does it allow you to do that?

Copying the files worked! Feel a bit stupid for not having tried that before. Now I'm having problem with deleting the files afterwards but it seems too be a permission issue. WIll look into it.

Thank you very much for the help it thas been bugging me for a while now ^^