Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Project Trident newbie

Thanks
I've got two Project Trident 19.08 installs -- one for a Backup Server using UrBackup and one for an Emby server install. The goal of this was to eliminate my Windows 10 installs and to learn a lot more about FreeBSD. Windows 10 is gone but I'm having difficulty finding documentation to meet the learning goal. There seems to be a lot on FreeBSD but little to none on TrueOS and especially on Trident.

My next project is to install a Jail on my Emby system and get the latest version of Emby (4.3.0.6) not the Appcafe (4.1.1.0_3) version installed in it.

Is the Freebsd handbook the place to start?
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-build.html
Where do instruction diverge if I'm using TrueOS?

Is Ezjail still recommended? Would Qjail or Iocage be better?

Bottomline, where can I go for some documentation on how to accomplish this?

Thanks
You're better off asking the the telegram channel "Project Trident - Community Chat". That's where most Trident support happens. A welcoming bunch too - highly recommended.

Thanks
If you installed Trident, you have a "Telegram Desktop" icon right on your desktop. Open that up and register yourself, then search for the channel name(s) you want. Searching for "Trident" should get you the community channel.

It's basically Slack with cutesy gifs and stickers.