Problem flashing IBM m1015

Doktor-X

Dabbler
Hello, i have buy from ebay m1015 card and now i want to flash-it to IT mode but i have problems, i have old amd system that have gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 mothetbord. I can boot card configurator for raid but have problem flashing card, first command i have tryed to run using megarec program is not working i get to this part of program and it stops
IMG_20190730_185613.jpg

Ps if i run sas2flsh listall i get error that card cant be found

Last edited:

nikalai2

Dabbler
Greetings,

Try to disable onboard SATA controller from BIOS.

I think it can be easier if you could use a motherboard with UEFI support.

Doktor-X

Dabbler
I will try that, but i have another problem i still dont have sas to sata cable so i dont know if this is because i dont have any drives connected to controller but i cant boot my os that is on connected to motherbord
IMG_20190730_195903.jpg

Doktor-X

Dabbler
Ok so i think that i cant use this card im my motherbord, because if i run for example megarec -help command i get list of commands but if i put hba card and try to run this same command i only get to the part of screen like in first screenshot

But interesting thing is that i have made ubuntu 19.04 usb and i can boot to live desktop and i see that ibm lsi card is listed in devices

Last edited:

Doktor-X

Dabbler
BUMP

Hi, just update.

I manage to flash card from my work computer (its not hard) and flash IT firmware, but i needed NOT to flash bios on card since if BIOS is on card i cant boot my pc running GA-MA790FX-DS5 mothetbord when i re-flashed card withot bios i can use my pc withot problem

nikalai2

Dabbler
Hi,

Some motherboards have an option for disabling Option ROM. This can be a solution too i think.
Is good that solved it.

Best regards,

tfran1990

Patron
This may not be helpful for your situation but, i had to go into BIOS and select gen2 PCIE for my M1015 to work without random issues. GA-MA790FX-DS5 is a bit older so it may not apply.

Doktor-X

Dabbler
Im now just waiting sas to sata cables to se if controller realy works but i this since windows see card that i will be able to use it without bios (i cant boot from drive connected to card, but pc booting is faster)