Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Problème de partage CIFS assez gênant.

Thanks
Hello,

Being totally new to FreeBSD and more specifically FreeNAS, I appeal to you concerning a rather embarrassing problem.

I have on my home network 2 pc (Win 7) and a Freenas version 8.0.2.
Freenas has been set to automatically shut down at night and restart in the afternoon. The startup and automatic shutdown of the NAS works perfectly.

I created a CIFS share (which works well) and I connected a network drive on each of the Seven computers that must reconnect to the NAS at startup.

The problem is that when I start one of the 2 pc network in the evening (the NAS restarted before), I get the great message "can not reconnect all network drives" and of course, unable to connect to the NAS.

I did some tests to understand where it could come from (can be a bad configuration on my part, you never know ...), without result. On the other hand I noticed that the simple fact of stopping then restarting the service CIFS solved the problem, and until the next restart of the NAS ...

- According to you, what would be the source of my problem? What would be the solution?
- Would there possibly be a way (even if I do not think it's the cleanest solution) to start the CIFS shutdown and restart at the end of the NAS boot (and if so, how )?

thanks
iosman

Heracles

FreeNAS Experienced
Thanks
Hey IOSMan,

You posted in the French part of the forum, with a French title, but your post is written in English... I am fluid in both, so first question would be in which language do you wish to proceed ? Should you wish to stay in this section, we will switch to French. Should you prefer to proceed in English, you will have to re-post in an English speaking section of the forum.

+-+-+-
Bonjour IOSMan,

Pourquoi écrire dans la section francophone, un message au titre en français mais rédigé en anglais ?

Étant fluide dans les deux langues, je peux t'aider dans l'une ou l'autre. Par contre, ce message-ci étant dans la section francophone, il vaudrait mieux procéder en français. Si tu préfères l'anglais, il faudrait poster dans une section anglophone...

Thanks
Hello,

Being totally new to FreeBSD and more specifically FreeNAS, I appeal to you concerning a rather embarrassing problem.

I have on my home network 2 pc (Win 7) and a Freenas version 8.0.2.
Freenas has been set to automatically shut down at night and restart in the afternoon. The startup and automatic shutdown of the NAS works perfectly.

I created a CIFS share (which works well) and I connected a network drive on each of the Seven computers that must reconnect to the NAS at startup.

The problem is that when I start one of the 2 pc network in the evening (the NAS restarted before), I get the great message "can not reconnect all network drives" and of course, unable to connect to the NAS.

I did some tests to understand where it could come from (can be a bad configuration on my part, you never know ...), without result. On the other hand I noticed that the simple fact of stopping then restarting the service CIFS solved the problem, and until the next restart of the NAS ...

- According to you, what would be the source of my problem? What would be the solution?
- Would there possibly be a way (even if I do not think it's the cleanest solution) to start the CIFS shutdown and restart at the end of the NAS boot (and if so, how )?

thanks
iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.