POST #12000! SOMEONE TAKE MY KEYBOARD AWAY!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Someone please take my keyboard away!
Take your keyboard away? Isn't that like Yoda asking someone to take his light saber away?

Not gonna happen.

Arwen

MVP
I take your 12,000 posts, and raise you a 50% thanks / reaction, to your measly 30% thanks / reaction!

(Of course, your 30% / 3,215 thanks / reaction is 3 times more than my actual posts :-(.

stark

Cadet
I am a long time lurker (my account says may 2019 but I was reading here for two years before I actually created an account), who would be NOWHERE without a big portion of your 12000 posts. My primary FreeNAS server has been up for (checking...) 14 months, save restarts following 11.2-Ux updates. You (and a few others here) made that possible, friend. :)

I felt like this THANK YOU was a great and appropriate use of my first actual post on this forum!

If there is anyway I can begin to contribute and repay you/the community somehow, let me know. I am generally humbled by the knowledge here but I am willing to put in time...

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I am a long time lurker (my account says may 2019 but I was reading here for two years before I actually created an account), who would be NOWHERE without a big portion of your 12000 posts. My primary FreeNAS server has been up for (checking...) 14 months, save restarts following 11.2-Ux updates. You (and a few others here) made that possible, friend. :)

I felt like this THANK YOU was a great and appropriate use of my first actual post on this forum!

If there is anyway I can begin to contribute and repay you/the community somehow, let me know. I am generally humbled by the knowledge here but I am willing to put in time...

For a number of years, these forums were in a bit of a bad way as there was no real support from iXsystems, and their solution was to conscript some of us as moderators. That being nearly an impossible challenge for a small number of not-entirely-willing longtime users, I took to trying to answer all the common questions I could in the form of stickies (many of which are now the newer "Resources"). At one point it was maybe just four or five of us mods and regular users doing most of the heavy lifting.

As you can see, a good crew of regulars has developed, and I've been able to avoid the frantic try-to-answer-everything-I-can mode in recent years because there are many more people to take up the slack.

Please feel free to repay iXsystems for their gift of high quality commercial-grade NASware by doing the same thing I've done -- invest a little time to answer questions now and then. This helps them continue to develop FreeNAS, and helps the community be the awesome place that it's become over the last nine years.

Great first post! :smile:

averyfreeman

Contributor
. . . Isn't that like Yoda asking someone to take his light saber away?

"Many lessons, you seek. Punch you in the D, I will."

averyfreeman

Contributor
For a number of years, these forums were in a bit of a bad way as there was no real support from iXsystems, and their solution was to conscript some of us as moderators. That being nearly an impossible challenge for a small number of not-entirely-willing longtime users, I took to trying to answer all the common questions I could in the form of stickies (many of which are now the newer "Resources"). At one point it was maybe just four or five of us mods and regular users doing most of the heavy lifting.

As you can see, a good crew of regulars has developed, and I've been able to avoid the frantic try-to-answer-everything-I-can mode in recent years because there are many more people to take up the slack.

Please feel free to repay iXsystems for their gift of high quality commercial-grade NASware by doing the same thing I've done -- invest a little time to answer questions now and then. This helps them continue to develop FreeNAS, and helps the community be the awesome place that it's become over the last nine years.

Great first post! :)

I remember you answering a few of my questions early on. You did a great job :)