Post 11.1 Update Samba Share Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinjt01

Cadet
Hello All, I have updated to 11.1 on FreeNAS the other day. And now, am experiencing some issues. Just to give you some background:

- We have about 7 virtual machines running on our server with VMWare Esxi hyper-visor. We create our windows 10 image and then upload to our FOG server to image around computers.
- During that process we have a series of automated scripts living on our server that we hit for Windows activation, Computer Renaming and installation of Microsoft Office.
- Everything was fine until the 11.1 update, now the imaging process gets held up at our rename script, because it is asking for AD credentials to access the file.
- Is there something in the 11.1 update that would have changed our Samba user permissions?
- Or is this an issue with Microsoft putting out a security update for the Spectre meltdown?

As i'm going to continue to take a whack at this, it would be greatly appreciated if someone else has ran into a similar issue and can point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Right off the top of my head... I recently had the experience of losing the home network connectivity to my servers on my LAN. This happened right after a Windows 10 Home Microsoft automagic update. Seems that changed the default Samba version and I had to go into Programs And Features and change the SMB settings.
sambasettings.JPG
This may not be of any help, but it's all I've got...

Nick2253

Wizard
Everything was fine until the 11.1 update, now the imaging process gets held up at our rename script, because it is asking for AD credentials to access the file.
Can you describe what the rename script is doing? I realize that it may not be practical to redact everything related to your company out of the script and still provide a functioning script, but if that were possible, that would help in debugging.

Or, in a perfect work, if you could create a minimum working example that prompts for the credentials, that would be a huge help for debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.