Pool status "healthy" when resilvering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catsrules

Dabbler
Why does FreeNAS Web UI report the Pool status as healthy when a pool is resilvering. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say Resilvering XX.X%?

Catsrules

Dabbler
Which build version (System -> Information)?

Thanks for the response,

I am on FreeNAS-11.1-U1 (Old UI)

However as far as I know this has been this way on all of the versions I have used. (Although most versions I didn't have a drive failure, so I can't say for sure. :) ) I saw this a few times on 9.10 (Unsure what build exactly.) when I had to replace a drive and swap all drives in a pool with larger drives.

Just to be clear it does change from healthy to degraded when a drive goes out. But as soon as the drive is replace the pool goes into resilvering and the overall pool status goes back to healthy. The only way I know of to see the resilvering progress on the old UI is click on the pool and go to Volume Status to see the the resilvering progress. The new beta UI I actually can't see the re silvering process at all, I could just be missing it. But the only option I have for pool action under Volumes is delete. I do get alarms for everything, one for saying a drive is bad and another on saying the pool is resilvering.

Here are some screen shots. I am don't think I am explaining myself very well. (I am not very good with my words. :) )

https://imgur.com/a/whZSU

D

dlavigne

This would make a good feature request. If you create one at bugs.freenas.org, post the ticket number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.