Pool Creation Error with DD

DrHolzer

Cadet
Hello all. I am new to FreeNAS. That said, I have many years of IT experience working with various flavors of *nix (Sun, Free BSD, Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc.). My setup is as follows:
  • 11 identical drives installed in an HPE 3PAR M6710 StoreServ array
  • All bought new and all HP compliant
  • The array is connected to my Dell R610 via a 6GBps Dell/LSI external SAS card
  • I have ESXi 6.5 installed on the server and FreeNAS is a VM on the server
When I try to create the pool in FreeNAS I get the following error:
Failed to wipe disk da5: [EFAULT] Command dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da5 bs=1m count=32 failed (code 1): dd: /dev/da5: Invalid argument 1+0 records in 0+0 records out 0 bytes transferred in 0.000605 secs (0 bytes/sec)
Each time the error identifies a different disk. I tried running the dd command from the command line with no success.

I am open to any suggestions. I attached an image of diskinfo output and information about the drives at boot up.

Attachments

• bootup.png
    bootup.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 211
  • diskinfo.png
    diskinfo.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 210

sretalla