Plugins setup: An Error Occurred!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me and my noobness as I'm super new to FreeNAS, but I am trying to set up plugins in 8.2.0 and I'm having a little trouble..... I know they are in BETA stage and might not work correctly but I'm OK with that. I thought I set it all up right but I keep getting an error (see pics below). It happens right after it tries to upload the .pbi file. Not really sure where to go from here. I set up two datasheets one for JAIL and one inside it for PLUGINS (ZFS Datasheets 10GB each). Also not really sure if I set up the network interface correctly, I sometimes get an error like "this IP address is already in use" when setting up the plugin screen and sometimes I don't (this may be part of the main problem, I'm not sure). Any help would be appreciated, I'm willing to give as much info as I can to see if someone can help. I just don't really know what you guys need to troubleshoot this. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help!

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

ASUS E35M1-M PRO AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, Dual-Core)
4GB DDR3 1066 RAM
4 x 1TB WD Black HDD + 1 500GB WD Black HDD
FreeNAS is running on a 8GB USB Drive using Koutech USB 2.0 Header-Pin to Dual Type-A adapter

SandmanZA

Dabbler
I am in your boat except I don't have IP conflict.

Upgraded to 8.2.0 Beta 4
Followed all the steps (ZFS volume, 2 datasets, ip address) and when the Jail in being created - I get "An error has occurred" and the plugin cannot be started from Control Services.

Any help will be appreciated. Even if you can point me to where the log file is that can give more info regarding the exact nature of the error.

SteveBuscemi

Cadet

ProtoSD

MVP
I was confused about this initially too, but you're actually *not* supposed to add the jail IP as an alias in beta 4. Remove the 192.168.1.50 from your rl0 interface and only specify it in the Plugins config.

The IP settings are self-contained inside the plugin configuration (which is why it now asks for the netmask).

Basically, this page is wrong/outdated:
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/FreeNAS_Plugin_Configuration

and this one isn't:
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins

Thanks Steve, it's tough keeping all the documentation updated. I added a note to the first document with a pointer to the second.

SandmanZA

Dabbler
Hi guys

I have been using the correct link to the documentation and I get the same error. I have tried it from scratch twice with the same result.

Is there a log somewhere that I can look at ?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Some messages are logged in /var/log/messages.

For anothers you might need enabled debug in /etc/syslog.conf and restart syslogd

Thank you, it is now working. Well the jail is there and I'm installing plugins now (Firefly/Minidlna/Transmission). I went and wiped the datasheets that I created before and made new ones. I set the permissions to my user and deleted the alias IP address and voila its working. Thanks again everyone for you quick and helpful responses!

OK so I spoke to soon :-( Installed the JAIL and have also installed some plugins but now they wont start.... I get an error saying "Some Error Occurred"? Tried a reboot of the system and still nothing. Also the plugins I installed are not on the bar to the right like I've seen on the internet? They are however in the Control Services Tab under Plugins........Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks - Slobbery Beast

Capture3.JPG

J

James

That page was a copy of the correct page (that was not kept up to date and was not added to the index). I will delete the incorrect page.

tosh123

Cadet
OK so I spoke to soon :-( Installed the JAIL and have also installed some plugins but now they wont start.... I get an error saying "Some Error Occurred"? Tried a reboot of the system and still nothing. Also the plugins I installed are not on the bar to the right like I've seen on the internet? They are however in the Control Services Tab under Plugins........Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks - Slobbery Beast

View attachment 877

I'm in the same boat, the plugins are only working manualy started in the jail like this:
/usr/local/sbin/minidlna -R -u dlna &
/usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd &

I'm in the same boat, the plugins are only working manualy started in the jail like this:
/usr/local/sbin/minidlna -R -u dlna &
/usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd &
I'm not even sure how to start them like that.....Do you do that from the shell window? How do I go about getting into the JAIL to start them manually?

wtigotw

Cadet
I am in your boat except I don't have IP conflict.

Upgraded to 8.2.0 Beta 4
Followed all the steps (ZFS volume, 2 datasets, ip address) and when the Jail in being created - I get "An error has occurred" and the plugin cannot be started from Control Services.

Any help will be appreciated. Even if you can point me to where the log file is that can give more info regarding the exact nature of the error.

I'm in the same boat. No errors shown, apart from a brief message on the UI indicating "An error has occurred". Console shows no problems, but activation fails with errors on the console:
"Jun 23 10:41:20 freenas notifier: jexec: jail "ifconfig" not found
Jun 23 10:41:20 freenas notifier: jexec: jail "ifconfig" not found
Jun 23 10:41:20 freenas notifier: jexec: jail "route" not found"

Ideas?

KenNashua

Explorer
Plugins settings disappeared

Installed firefly, minidlna, and transmission. All up and running, however the settings icons have disappeared from the services tree. How can I get them back? Must I uninstall and reinstall?

wtigotw

Cadet
I'm in the same boat. No errors shown, apart from a brief message on the UI indicating "An error has occurred". Console shows no problems, but activation fails with errors on the console:
"Jun 23 10:41:20 freenas notifier: jexec: jail "ifconfig" not found
Jun 23 10:41:20 freenas notifier: jexec: jail "ifconfig" not found
Jun 23 10:41:20 freenas notifier: jexec: jail "route" not found"

Ideas?

I figured out what was wrong... It turns out that the temporary location to which the PBI is loaded did not have correct permissions assigned. I had given the location a custom user and group.

Perhaps it would be good to include this as a prerequisite? I had the same problem when upgrading to BETA-4 I think, but there seems to be no legible error about it. I ended up using the ISO.

SandmanZA

Dabbler
Hi

Thanks for the tip - worked for me as well. You have to store the downloaded *.PBI and *.SHA files in a location that FreeNAS has priviliges. The easiest solution is to use a volume already created in FreeNAS.

That worked for me - got Firefly and miniDLNA installed - now to configure and start using.

Status
Not open for further replies.