[PLUGIN REQUEST] BackupPC - OpenSource backup to disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artion

Patron
Hi to all,
I think it would be kind to have a way to get BackupPC as a plugin. In some usecases could be very useful. This is what it is: "BackupPC is written in Perl and extracts backup data via SMB using Samba, tar over ssh/rsh/nfs, or rsync...A clever pooling scheme minimizes disk storage and disk I/O. Identical files across multiple backups of the same or different PCs are stored only once resulting in substantial savings in disk storage and disk I/O."

D

dlavigne

Note that actual feature requests need to be created at bugs.freenas.org as this forum is just for discussion before creating the feature request.

Having said that, feature development is being focused on 10 and 10 wil have a completey different plugin system which is supposed to make it trivial to install any software application.

Artion

Patron
Note that actual feature requests need to be created at bugs.freenas.org as this forum is just for discussion before creating the feature request.

Having said that, feature development is being focused on 10 and 10 wil have a completey different plugin system which is supposed to make it trivial to install any software application.
What are the plans now that the 10 version is abbandoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.