SOLVED Plugin (jail) does not start with system, must manually start it

My qBittorrent plugin/jail will not start automatically upon a reboot of the system, even though I have "Autostart" checked on the jail's properties, and "Boot" is checked on the plugin page.

I tried searching for this issue on the Jira Tracker, but it's hard to navigate using key words.

This wasn't always an issue, and I believe it might have started on the 11.3.x version. Is this a known issue with a known workaround? Has anyone else bumped into it themselves?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Is your jail on an encrypted pool requiring a passphrase? I've seen in the past on my system that the pool has to be unlocked first before jails would start.

Is your jail on an encrypted pool requiring a passphrase? I've seen in the past on my system that the pool has to be unlocked first before jails would start.

No, it is not. It is encrypted, but without a passphrase. The pool is never locked (and thus never needs to be unlocked after rebooting.)

UPDATE: Bingo! Sir, you have led me to the answer with the clue provided: the jail has a mount point which refers to a directory on a different pool that is encrypted with a passphrase. As a test, I removed the mount point, rebooted, and viola! The jail autostarts as expected. I'll make a suggestion on the Jira Tracker for such a feature to be implemented where the jail will autostart once the corresponding mount point is available (such as upon unlocking the other pool.)

Last edited: