Plugin in freenas about clustering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saira

Cadet
Dear All,

Please guide me to write feature/plugin in freenas about clustering.. although its enable in truenas but is there anyway I can work in it to develop freenas cluster plugin?
any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Saira

zambanini

Patron
no. you posted your question already yesterday. and you got an answer from cyberJ already.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It is not "enabled" in TrueNAS. It is a feature that works with the HA setup (High-Availability). It is not true clustering, but something that is compatible with ZFS.

There is no "hack" to make it work as the code doesn't exist in FreeNAS. It also requires very specific hardware that can only be purchased through iXsystems.

Saira

Cadet
Thanks CyberJock!

Actually i have opted this issue in my Masters Thesis that what are the parameters and requirements to enable High availability feature in Free Nas, i know code does not exists thats why i need some guidelines that how do i contribute by writing the code and enable the feature.
I research on internet and came to know that many of other freebsd distribution support High availability, so i need some direction that from where i can start writing code/module that integrate High availability feature in freenas.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry, that is *far* above what should be discussed in a forum setting. If you are looking for High Availability, then I'd recommend you go with full fledged FreeBSD or call iXsystems and buy a HA system from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.