Plex Setup Help (Newbie here)

00DerM

Dabbler
Hello,

I am newer to using FreeNAS and am trying to setup a plex server on my FreeNAS machine using a dynamic IP address (until I can get it up and running). I am receiving the following error. Below is a link to the recording of me attempting to set this up correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Youtube recording of my attempt:
https://youtu.be/TOCJRoBrN5Y

================================================================
Error Message:
mount: /mnt/MyVolume/PlexMediaFiles: Operation not supported by device jail: /sbin/mount -t Media -o Server/FreeNAS /mnt/MyVolume/PlexMediaFiles /mnt/MyVolume/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex: failed

More Info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1141, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1078, in _call
return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
job,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: mount: /mnt/MyVolume/PlexMediaFiles: Operation not supported by device
jail: /sbin/mount -t Media -o Server/FreeNAS /mnt/MyVolume/PlexMediaFiles /mnt/MyVolume/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex: failed

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
/mnt/MyVolume/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex: failed
This part is the key to understanding what's happening...

It is ignoring everything after the first space in the path.

You can either:
Mount your media somewqhere else in a path that has no spaces (there is no reason why the media has to go under that specific path... I have mine under /mnt/Media inside the jail).

Escape the spaces in the mount path Put a backslash in front of each of the spaces. (like this: /mnt/MyVolume/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex\ Media\ Server/FreeNAS)

ukinami

Dabbler
I have no spaces and I have the same problem

Screenshot_20191201-113015__01.jpg

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have no spaces and I have the same problem
I don't think your source can be a container of the target...

Try putting your media in a different subdirectory of /mnt/PLEX like /mnt/PLEX/media

ukinami

Dabbler
Now I have another problem Plex don't find open the floder and in the Plex floder ha have the movie floder.
IMG_20191201_132525.jpg
IMG_20191201_132530.jpg

mjk79

Explorer
Your screen shot is showing the contents of the /media dir. As you can see on the right, there is a folder called "Plex" are you able to click on that?

or just type in the path. /media/Plex

ukinami

Dabbler
No that's is where I have the money point and im not able to click and when I type /media/Plex nothing append because on Plex floder I have the movies floder and series floder

mjk79

Explorer
Post a screen shot of your mount points, it should look something like this.

/media/Plex/Movies
/media/Plex/Series

1575397385968.png

mjk79

Explorer
You could have a permissions issue between the jail and the data set.

Try going back to the data set and reset the user/group back to root/wheel.

G8One2

Patron
I like to use the plug in just for the initial jail creating and install. From there i ssh into the plex jail and use freshport commands to update.

ukinami

Dabbler
I have try with Ubuntu commands but the wget he says I he don't found and I try to install pkh install wget but he says don't find can you help please ? Thanks

G8One2

Patron
Ubuntu commands won't work. Ssh into the jail and portsnap fetch , portsanp extract , portsnao fetch update, pkg install plexmediaserver or plex-plexpass.

ukinami

Dabbler
Normally it's good no ??
No packages available to install matching 'plex-plexpass' have been found in the repositories

Where can I learn all this commands ?m thanks

G8One2

Patron
Just do a Google search of a manual Plex install. There are guides you can follow.

sretalla