Plex Plugin Fail After Upgrading to Freenas 11.2-U7

Fernando Zoota

Dabbler
I recently upgraded to Freenas 11.2 because Plex (running properly for years) required I update their plugin, requiring I update Freenas first. In 11.2 I received a notice under "Plugins", "Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v......". The error notification continued for several more lines.

I visited "Pools" under "Storage", and everything seems to be okay or at least how it looked under previous versions of Freenas, "Jails" However looked wrong. A note in the gui said "Legacy jails created before Freenas 11.2 must be managed from the legacy web interface. I went to "Jails" in the legacy web interface and it said I must configure a default route.

In short, I need assistance in installing a Plex plugin, which, I think, means I need help with jails. Does "Jails" within the legacy interface have any bearing or can it be ignored?

PS -
If not already obvious, I'm not a coder or developer. Freenas/Plex is a hobby I picked for the convenience of my family. I understand that this has probably already been discussed in a past forum post and I've spent several hours searching and reviewing. Keep in mind, this is not something I do for as a profession. Things that may seem obvious to a professional are not so obvious to others.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Plugin Capture.JPG
    Plugin Capture.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 11 Pools Capture.JPG
    11 Pools Capture.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 11 Jails Capture.JPG
    11 Jails Capture.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Legacy Jails Capture.JPG
    Legacy Jails Capture.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 178

Yorick

Wizard
You have a warden jail, and FreeNAS switched to iocage in 11.2. 11.3 and later support exclusively iocage. You'll want to move all your jails over to iocage.

If you want to do so while keeping all your Plex metadata intact, there's a YT over yonder that explains that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvM32lWc_r4

Alternatively, just install a fresh iocage Plex plugin, mount your media folder(s) in, and start over with metadata.

Fernando Zoota

Dabbler
As an alternative fix, are you saying to delete the old jails and make fresh jails in the new interface?

Yorick

Wizard
Yes, that’s what I am saying. With the caveat that I have no 11.2 system to play with and see how the plugin system is holding up, given that FreeBSD 11.2 is firmly EOL. My understanding is Plex updates are available on 11.3, but I don’t know how that’s behaving in 11.2 these days.

Fernando Zoota

Dabbler
I can't delete jails in the legacy interface because nothing shows up. Also, everything I've seen shows you're able to view the available plugins without setting up a jail in the 11.2 interface.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 164

Yorick

Wizard
I have nothing helpful to add, as I don’t have an 11.2 system to test on. Maybe someone else who still runs an 11.2 and knows about jail creation there will be along.

Fernando Zoota

Dabbler
If anybody is monitoring this thread.

I came to the conclusion I was not going to be able to make configuration adjustments to solve this issue so I decided to do a fresh install on the same server and configure a new Plex install. I reinstalled and when it came time to load the Plex plugin, I got the same error message.

Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v

Keep in mind I have a second freenas server running the same exact hardware and I don't have any of these issues. I have come to the conclusion this is not a networking error because my other server runs fine. I'm thinking this could be either a hardware issue or a bios issue.

Does anyone have an idea?

Attachments

• New_Same Error Message.JPG
    New_Same Error Message.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 194