Plex IOCage, get error on Trailers

Bruce Wilfong

Explorer
To make a long story short, I have and old warden jail for Plex that I am wanting to convert/remove to a new IOCage jail for Plex. I installed a new IOCage jail, got everything working fine, however when I try to play trailers for movies I get the error: Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

I am assuming this has something to do with YouTube? Since the movies work fine, just error on the trailers.

I get this from a PC, Roku, Firestick and Samsung TV PLex App. I also get this from the old PLex jail and in the new IOCage, any idea of where to start looking. I am thinking of just blowing away the IOCage and starting over (not many good walkthrough I found on this, all guides seem to give me errors).

Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Did you install the jail manually? and if so, did you install the ffmpeg pkg?

nojohnny101

Wizard
This smells like a permission issue. The way you can confirm is to put a movie in your library that doesn't require transcoding and see if it plays. If it does, you have a permission issue.

Search the forums for plex permission issues, there are numerous threads.

Bruce Wilfong

Explorer
Okay I blew everything away and did this:
Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["plexmediaserver-plexpass","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json
iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.18/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
rm /tmp/pkg.json
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/zp1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/zp1/media/videos /mnt/video nullfs rw 0 0
iocage exec plex chown -R plex:plex /config
iocage exec plex sysrc "plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable=YES"
iocage exec plex sysrc plexmediaserver_plexpass_support_path="/config"
iocage exec plex service plexmediaserver_plexpass start

Not really sure what this does, but put it in anyways:
Code:
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/zp1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0

Still having the same issues, not really sure where to start with permissions. I do have a Group and User account called plex but the directions: https://www.ixsystems.com/community...darr-lidarr-jackett-transmission-organizr.58/

directions didnt specify to setup a group or user so I wasnt sure. Again movies work fine its just the "Play Trailer" that goes out to YouTube that errors out.

What and where else should I be checking for permissions ?

sretalla