Plex has stopped working after new router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Ward

Contributor
My Plex Server has been fine for months but today i upgraded to the Virgin Super Hub 3 and now its not accessible outside my network. All my other plugins are working fine. Not sure how to fix this.

My local IP changed when the new router was installed
uPnp is enabled on the router.
NAT is disabled on the jail.
Port 3400 forwarded in router to 192.168.0.60

http://IP:32400/Web works (http://canyouseeme.org/ also showing that 32400 is open)

Screenshots:
Capture2.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG Capture1.PNG

PLEX > SERVER > Remote Access didn't used to have errors below Fully accessible and used to show the actual ip of the plex and of the public ip
Private Unknown IP Public Unknown IP Internet

When i click Disable Remote access or click manually specify port and click apply it just says "connecting..." for a lifetime.

It also takes like 5 minutes to load the installed plugins page which is becoming a huge pain, is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:

Christopher Ward

Contributor
Fixed it by making the Jail DHCP and then just reserving the IP in the router which then showed the local and public IP in plex settings. I'd still like help with the slowness of loading the installed plugin page so if any one can help i would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Christopher Ward

Contributor
I noticed the FreeNAS wasn't getting updates or showing new plugins so i set the network interface to DHCP now i cant get into my freenas web UI please help.

It says no configured interfaces were found. try to do it manually from the KVM viewer.

upload_2017-2-18_16-3-55.png

update trying to set it back to the way i had it before:
I press 1 to configure,
select option 2 (igb1),
reset network config - N
Configure for DHCP - N
configure IPV4: Y
interface name: blank
ipv4 address: 192.168.0.30/24
Configure ipv6: n

it says its accessible at 192.168.0.30 but its not.

Edit: Panic attack over, managed to fix it by restarting the server / router and its now on DHCP.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Is your LAN subnet the same as it was before you replaced your router? If not change the subnet to what it was previously and everything will start working again. It's not en elegant solution but it fixes the problem.

Christopher Ward

Contributor
my router ip is 192.168.0.1 and the subnet is 255.255.255.0 it never changed with the new router, yet i replace the router and everything breaks and i can't use static ip's any more.

I managed to get it working on DHCP by restarting the router / server and now it shows the updates / plugins that are available. It's weird how nothing can have a static ip any more

Status
Not open for further replies.