Plex does not Update my library automatically

Magnus33

Patron
Plex installed and shares added without any issues.

But i noticed plex doesn't scan the shares unless you do so manually.

Iam guessing this is a bug but iam wondering if there anyway around this?

mka

Contributor
I've the same problem... at first I thought it might be the jail setup preventing some sort of FreeBSD equivalent of "FileSystemWatcher::Changed Event" of passing into the gate or emitted inside.

Yesterday I thought I've figured it out after learning that Plex uses the file system "access time" to detect changes and I had "atime" disabled on the particular zfs datasets. But after enabling this option plex still won't detect changes made through added files.
:(

Krutet

Dabbler
Plex installed and shares added without any issues.

But i noticed plex doesn't scan the shares unless you do so manually.

Iam guessing this is a bug but iam wondering if there anyway around this?

Isn't there an option in the plex Web to scan on a schedule? I'm pretty sure that's what I'm using. It isn't instant but good enough..

Magnus33

Patron
Yes you Can set it 15..30..hour..two..sex ..12 ..daily.

Its in the same area just click show advanced settings.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Having the same issue. Looking for a solution to scan when new items added rather than ever 15 min.

mka

Contributor
Does anyone made any progress with this issue?

It's quite annoying to have to manually refresh the plex library or choose an periodic interval and then prevent the FreeNAS drives from going to sleep mode?

Or does this indeed work at anyones FreeNAS plugin jail?

crumbz

Explorer
From https://plexapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200289526-Library

Update my Library Automatically

When a change to the library is detected, the appropriate Library will be refreshed.

Note: This function relies on the computer’s Operating System providing the “Something Changed” trigger. Some Operating Systems don’t provide this trigger and content mounted via a network will also typically not work. If your Library doesn’t automatically update, you may have to set a periodical refresh or do it manually.

I'm guessing FreeBSD is one of these Operating Systems that do not provide the "Something Changed" trigger.

mka

Contributor
Thanks. Does plex provide more information on the "Something Changed" trigger. I would love to look into that.

crumbz

Explorer
I don't know. You'd have to ask on the Plex forums. It's not Plex that provides this, but the OS that you are running underneath Plex.

NigelNoFriends

Explorer

twf85

Dabbler

sretalla