Please help. Share SMB not seeing by MAG256 media player 11.1U6

tiberiu

Cadet
Hello. I upgrade to 11.1U6 and I lost the share I used to see in media player MAG256 box.
Before the upgrade I used 11.1U4 and it worked no problem. If I downgrade It will work again. I like to use the latest version of freenas 11.2 but that one also it give me the same problem.
I can see the share folder on the mac computer . I can see it on the PC but on the media player I can't.
It have to be something simple. ... I am just not that smart.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
So, just looking at SMB-related differences between 11.1U4 and 11.1U6, it would seem:

98% chance the problem is related to this (which I found here):

Known Impacts

SMB1 has been disabled by default for security reasons. If legacy clients are no longer able to connect, type this command in the Shell, then restart the SMB service:

sysctl freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1

If that resolves the issue, you can make that setting permanent by going to System → Tunables →Add Tunable and creating a Tunable with these settings:

Variable: freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol

Value: NT1

Last edited:

tiberiu

Cadet
Thank you for your answer to my question.
I will do a clean install and try it again and I will post my results.

tiberiu

Cadet
So, just looking at SMB-related differences between 11.1U4 and 11.4U6, it would seem:

98% chance the problem is related to this (which I found here):

Known Impacts

SMB1 has been disabled by default for security reasons. If legacy clients are no longer able to connect, type this command in the Shell, then restart the SMB service:

sysctl freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1

If that resolves the issue, you can make that setting permanent by going to System → Tunables →Add Tunable and creating a Tunable with these settings:

Variable: freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol

Value: NT1

YES !!! It worked !!! I love you man ! You are the best !!! Best Christmas present ! Thank you so much

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

sretalla