pkg not providing the latest plex?

indivision

Guru
pkg update/upgrade is not resulting in the latest build for Plex Media Server.

Is it an option within FreeNAS to tap into a repository with more up-to-date builds for Plex?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Paging @Jailer... Or just use my script, which takes care of this for you.

Doesn't seem like your question has anything to do with the plugin (as you wouldn't be using pkg commands at all in that case).

indivision

Guru
You are right. I started by using the plugin. But I remembered that in the past the plugin was updated more slowly than the pkg updates. So, I've installed it in a blank jail manually and this should perhaps be in a different forum section.

That said, having installed and tested the plugin, I could see that it was actually a newer version than the latest pkg update. I'm wondering if there is a way to get updated builds more quickly (like there is with some software on Ubuntu, etc.)?

I just recently removed all of my jails to rebuild them in 11.3-Beta. So, I think I lost track of what I did to optimize previously. On 11.2, it seemed like I could just use pkg update/upgrade and have the latest Plex within a few days of release.

anmnz

Patron
Does this help?

Or with further explanation:

danb35

Hall of Famer
The instructions to changing to use "latest" rather than "quarterly" can be found here, among many (many) other posts in this forum:

indivision

Guru
Thank you all. I searched for this info. But, I think the answer is perhaps, while repeated, buried within threads.

I never would have thought to look on page 2 of "FN11 Jailed UniFi Controller with Let's Encrypt (iocage)" ;)