PGP authentication via keybase.io

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
There is a FreeBSD port of keybase which is cli and entirely text based but it provides the needed functionality for connecting with other users and other things. Aside from that, there is an app for your smartphone or tablet. Excerpt from the keybase.io site:

End-to-end encryption for things that matter.
Keybase is secure messaging and file-sharing.

A place that’s safe, even for family
Keybase works for families, roommates, clubs, and groups of friends, too.

A place to form the resistance
Keybase connects to public identities, too. You can join forces with communities from Twitter, Reddit, and elsewhere.

A place for work (or not)
We use public key cryptography to ensure your messages stay private. Even we can’t read your chats.

A place to share what’s most important
Don’t slack when it comes to documents. Keybase can store your group’s photos, videos, and documents with end-to-end encryption.

UdoB

Dabbler
I am using it on a daily basis and I am really happy with it. Especially the "kbfs" mounted storage (for Linux and for Windows!) is great and I am trusting it much more than those well known large file sharing companies. My usual usecase is to access/copy data from/to job/home. To keep things apart cleanly I have a separate identity for private use and for my job.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I am using it on a daily basis and I am really happy with it. Especially the "kbfs" mounted storage (for Linux and for Windows!) is great and I am trusting it much more than those well known large file sharing companies. My usual usecase is to access/copy data from/to job/home. To keep things apart cleanly I have a separate identity for private use and for my job.

Hmm.. Thats cool,. I never would have guessed that was possible. I am still VERY new to this.