Permissions?

spyder

Dabbler
Hello,
I have a NAS I built some time ago, and now I get this kind of error which I can't seem to get past, unless I reboot my workstation:

snip.PNG

All of the above suggestions check ok. Is there some setting that I am missing or possibly just don't understand?

Thanks!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Do you get the same error if you copy the file off the NAS and onto your workstation?

spyder

Dabbler
No - if I do that it's ok. It's like my own WS stops trusting the share, then I have to reboot. I've checked my settings, it's just bizarre that it only happens after a(n) (unknown) period of time.

Samuel Tai

Is the share in your Trusted Locations in the Office Trust Center?

spyder

Dabbler
It will not let me add my NAS as a trusted location, not even one of the subfolders.

Is it a Windows network setting somewhere? Thanks for your help.
trust.PNG

Samuel Tai

1591988667942.png

spyder

Dabbler
I figured it out - I had to use the UNC and not the mapped drive letter (from your example above)
Thank you again!

spyder

Dabbler
So, the problem has resurfaced and I have yet to find a solution for Microsoft Trust settings to accept my NAS box as safe. Is there a way to turn off MS trust settings?

Samuel Tai

Samuel Tai

If you want to re-enable Protected View, you'll probably need to set this Registry key so files aren't blocked by default:

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001