Permissions for Jail mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free as in Nas

Dabbler
Correct permissions for jail mounts?

What is the preferred setup for permissions for the plugin jail mounts?

I tried setting up a mount with username:usergroup as the permissions, but Transmission can't access the files. Does the wheel group need access to the share?

Edit:
Shares with root:wheel some to be written to correctly, except the files are created with permissions of 4001:4001, which I assume are a permissions that exists on the jail but not on the actual system.

Odracir

Cadet
What is the preferred setup for permissions for the plugin jail mounts?

I tried setting up a mount with username:usergroup as the permissions, but Transmission can't access the files. Does the wheel group need access to the share?

Edit:
Shares with root:wheel some to be written to correctly, except the files are created with permissions of 4001:4001, which I assume are a permissions that exists on the jail but not on the actual system.

Yeah I'm having the same problem. Ever since I created two mountpoints for my torrents now I cant write/delete the shares from windows. (I had the shares previously, I used utorrent from a windows machine before).
Any sugestions on how I can change the permissions on 4001?

Craysh

Dabbler
Honestly, I set the shares to 0777.

If it's for transmission, I can't imagine that there are system critical files in there that you should be worried about.

Odracir

Cadet
Honestly, I set the shares to 0777.

If it's for transmission, I can't imagine that there are system critical files in there that you should be worried about.

What I had to do to solve the problem (at least it seems to be working now ) was to use the shell and then chmod 777.

What I dont understand is why it was needed to be used, instead of having an option maybe?
(but im a complete noob when it comes to FreeNAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.