OpenVPN fails in jail with libdl.so.1 not found error

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
I literally put the set OSVERSION line as the very first line in the packager.

Though, I've also found that starting off with working with the FreeBSD.conf and editing it to release_2 got me pretty far so I'd start there and update -f when you're done.

Also, I hope that you are doing this WITHIN the iocage and not on the root shell.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.7 KB · Views: 912

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
If it helps with new iocages (it also did for me) don't create the jail with a package json. Just create it straight and do the pkg installs manually.

Within the new jail, start off with changing the /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf file from quarterly to release_2, save it, then type
Code:
pkg

and continue from there.

PatarNoster

Cadet
If it helps with new iocages (it also did for me) don't create the jail with a package json. Just create it straight and do the pkg installs manually.

Within the new jail, start off with changing the /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf file from quarterly to release_2, save it, then type
Code:
pkg

and continue from there.

Cheers mate thanks for the reply.

So what i have so far
  1. Add Release_2 to ee /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf
  2. pkg update && pkg upgrade
  3. Then ee /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf to add the line "set OSVERSION = 1101001" in the first line.
  4. pkg install python27 py27-sqlite3 unrar git openssl ffmpeg mediainfo

5. pkg update -f
  6. pkg upgrade -f
  7. Install Medusa or other apps etc openvpn.

Is that right?

PatarNoster

Cadet

Code:
pkg

and continue from there.

Sorry what do you mean by the pkg? you mean pkg update?

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Sorry what do you mean by the pkg? you mean pkg update?
No,
When you iocage console <jail name> into your iocage without using a package json, you have to run pkg first before you start doing package installs. If you run it before you change the FreeNAS.conf file, you'll get the latest packager where it would install things against the latest kernel (aka what we're going through now)

That said, your steps above are correct and how I did everything (though just to be sure, make sure you have "release_2" instead of "Release_2". I managed to finish pretty much all my jails to iocage conversions yesterday.

If anything, I can create a video of how I do it if you still can't get this up and running.

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Ahh ok. Nah I've been doing all this via cli.

statik

Explorer
Are you saying you can only install Medusa on FreeNAS by creating a jail via cli in the iocage?

marcevan

Patron
done all this, edited the files, etc.
Code:
root@sickbeard_1:/ # node -v													
Shared object "libdl.so.1" not found, required by "libuv.so.1"

So back to square one.

Note: FreeBSD 11.1 is not supported now, but FreeNAS 11.2 is still BETA. Literally between a rock and a hard place.

marcevan

Patron
Same issue here. Can't run Ruby or anything else since it requires libdl.so.1

Temporary solution:

Copied libdl.so and libdl.so.1 from /usr/lib/ in freenas root and pasted into my jails /usr/lib and now I can run Ruby and everything else.

Worked like a charm. Only steps to do this was mv to a mounted CIFS share from windows that you can then move to a shared storage folder with Sick or MineOS or whatever the plugin you need it in. So for SickChill I moved to my TV shows folder. Then go to jail and mv them from there to /usr/lib as libdl.so and libdl.so.1 as they are on the ISO as LIBDL.SO and LIBDL.SO_1.

udsd007

Cadet
Worked like a charm! my dashboard changed from ugly to pretty (in terms of what was running, anyway; I make no claims about esthetics):

$ wy
UP
dbus(CRIT) httpd(CRIT) inetd(CRIT) mailman(CRIT) milter-regex(CRIT)
named(CRIT) ntpd(CRIT) portsentry -tcp(CRIT) portsentry -udp(CRIT) sendmail(CRIT)
webmin(CRIT)
DOWN
cups(CRIT) fail2ban-server(CRIT) firefox memcached mutt nmbd(CRIT) smbd(CRIT) tcpdump
telnet tin (ONLY ONE) vagrant vim vnc
$ sudo cupsd
$ sudo fail2ban-server
Server ready
$ sudo smbd
$ sudo nmbd
$ wy
UP
cups(CRIT) dbus(CRIT) fail2ban-server(CRIT) httpd(CRIT) inetd(CRIT)
mailman(CRIT) milter-regex(CRIT) named(CRIT) ntpd(CRIT) portsentry -tcp(CRIT)
portsentry -udp(CRIT) sendmail(CRIT) smbd(CRIT) webmin(CRIT)
DOWN
firefox memcached mutt nmbd(CRIT) tcpdump telnet tin (ONLY ONE) vagrant
vim vnc

bigbadwolv

Cadet
Thank you for ending 2 hours of frustration! You rock.

Just found a wonderful solution to this problem here: https://superuser.com/a/1374744

ln -sf /lib/libc.so.7 /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

Hi guys, very new here (1st post) and to FreeNAS (up for < 1 week) - I got all the other instructions and reinstalling as I type this, but where do I put the link?
ln -sf /lib/libc.so.7 /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

Edit: I completed the other instructions and I am still getting the same error as OP.

Last edited:

bigbadwolv

Cadet
Disregard guys, I worked out that when in the iocage client typing that code worked. Thanks a million! Been trying to get through that for a few days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.